Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Wireless problem

• 09-07-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a headache with NTL at the moment.

I just got myself the 6meg connection with them, they gave me a wireless router and all that jazz and set it up (I wasn't in the house when it was done so I didn't have any clue as to how they set it up themselves)

I want to connect my laptop up to the network but Windows doesn't seem to find the Access Point.

I've made sure that the SSID is broadcasting but Windows just won't see it. I have the Dell Wireless Util which came with my laptop and that seems to pick it up fine. The problem is, I keep getting disconnected from the net, I've a feeling that the Dell Util and Windows are conflicting which is dropping the connection. Either that or the Netgear router they gave me is a load of crap.

My laptop had no problem connecting to my old network which I find highly odd.

Has this happened to anybody before? Any got any ideas on how to get it so Windows can see the access point so I don't have to use the dell util

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You need to enable the windows wifi client.

Right click on your wireless connection in network connections in your control panel. Go to properties.. Up the top you should see a wireless connection tab - tick the box that says use windows to configure your wireless network. This will set windows to manage your connection.

If on the offchance you don't see wireless connections in the tab list of your wifi properties.. You'll need to enabled windows zero point config in your services. You can do this by going to start -> run - type services.msc and click ok.. look in that list for wireless zero configuration, right click it - go to properties and click start.. Make sure startup type is also set to automatic and just apply it. Then you should have the wireless connections in your wifi properties tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

Thanks for the reply, I've already enabled WCZ and set Windows to configure my wifi and still nothing, I really can't figure out what the problem is, I never had this problem with my old wireless router (I need to contact NTL to get the details from them so I can set it up using my old router and see if it makes any difference but I can't do that till tomorrow morning)

Can you think of anything else that might be causing the trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to wireless where you should get more response to this.

Advertisement