Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I watch Larry King Live On sky or the Net

• 09-07-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

As the title says because John Cena is on it tonight!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If you have CNN on your tv, you might be able to see it. I've seen the show on live a few times before, I don't know if they do it every night though. Don't think you can watch it on the net, but some videos will be sure to pop up in the next few days

Bret Hart and Chris Jericho are on it too. Don't expect anything controversial, Cena will more than likely do a good job of representing WWE and Bret and Chris always talk sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

i no but it be nice to see !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its normally shown on CNN International (the one we get over here) at 9am the next day, so 9am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm sure it will be all over youtube very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

yeah its a pity because i wanted 2 watch it live buut i will just watch it n youtube !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I'm hoping this might give me some closure on the whole Benoit tragedy.
    It'll be good to see Bret and the rest.
    Surprised WWE are taking Cena off Raw to go on it. They must see it as a pretty good opportunity to reach a large audience.

Gonna be watching it live on CNN but I'm in Canada.

Tonight's Larry King Live with Bret Hart, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Ted DiBiase, Steve Blackman, and Jerry McDevitt:

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMrt1e0wDQ

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOvBq8uZEc

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3sGJ3ppbVY

Part 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYvC_BPyjU

Part 5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nb3_Bv1tE

Part 6:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFQXjZVmcs

EDIT: Cena and Jericho lost some credibility in part 4. I expected Cena to preach the part line but to say that physiques are irrelevant when pushing someone and then quoting of all people Hulk Hogan, is ridiculous.

The phrase "toeing the party line" comes to mind when watching this. In fairness to Bret, he did throw a little balance at the end of the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

well i have to say its refreshing to finally have a programme where the wrestlers were actually allowed to speak, and not be shouted down contradicted or dismissed because they dont agree with the reporters assertions that it was steroids and roid rage that caused the benoit tragedy

As for towing the compant line, I dont know what people expect of the wrestlers, there first and foremost representing WWE, there not going to come out with anything sensationalist or anything to contradict what the WWE has already said

Personally im just glad there able to put there points across in a setting that is watched by millions of people

Shin

DiBiasie isn't working anymore for the company. He towed the line. Same with Jericho. Same with Blackman.

Everyone was protecting their ass. I've seen plenty of shows where wrestlers were able to make their points but this was with a few minor exceptions a WWE powder puff piece.

Its interesting that Mero got bumped from the show.

Bruce Mitchell also made a good point in his blog:

After his appearance on "Larry King Live" Monday night the WWE’s top star John Cena read this scripted line on Raw about the media covering the Chris Benoit double murder suicide:

“I’m just glad Larry King was professional enough to have people that are actually involved in the WWE on his program.”

WWE has refused all media requests for people actually involved in the WWE, with the exception of their lawyer Jerry McDevitt, since Linda McMahon’s appearance on ABC’s "Good Morning America" June 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

DiBiasie isn't working anymore for the company. He towed the line. Same with Jericho. Same with Blackman.

Ofc they towed the line, John Cena was there to represent WWE, do you think the former talent is going to contradict anything he says, especially as the WWE's lawyer was on the programme as well

all the former talent said is what everybody else was saying, benoit was quiet and introverted, that steroids and roid rage probabaly wasnt the root but part of the cause and it was out of character for him to do what he did

Chris Jericho who said he was getting the papers togetther to try and get back into wrestling is not gonna come on a programme an basically blow his chances of getting back into WWE by dissing the company

WWE is in a protect its ass mode, and anyone who goes near a microphone is gonna be heavily vetted in what they say, remember these people are still getting revenues from dvd sales and what not, there protecting there ass as well, 2 sides to every coin

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hi,

Does anyone know if i can save these clips? onto say, my windows media player?,
    i can view them here inwork but do not have the net at home and i know my girlfriend would like to see them

shinzon wrote:
    Ofc they towed the line, John Cena was there to represent WWE, do you think the former talent is going to contradict anything he says, especially as the WWE's lawyer was on the programme as well

No I didn't expect anything else. It doesn't mean I can't be frustrated about it though.

D-Fens, I wouldn't waste your time. You won't have missed anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I love the way they have Cena, Y2J and Bret, with several world titles between them, yet Larry King introduced Blackman as a Six-time Hardcore Champion (Wow, only 16 behind Crash Holly!)
    And Blackman has such an expressionless face that i can't figure out if he's mortified at King saying it or proud as punch

Advertisement