Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saw the film yesterday

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

The only HP film I don't think was a complete and total disaster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It was ok, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I loved the new film, for me it's a toss-up between that and Prisoner of Azkaban for best of the movies. Luna is freakin hilarious and Imelda Staunton has Umbridge (bitch!!) to a tee. Also, we got to see plenty of Emma Watson (alllright!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Robbiethe3rd

I actually the new film, taking into account how difficult it is to compress the largest of the series into just over 2 hrs. But having read the books Im not to sure how much sense it makes to someone who hasnt read them.

I hated the first two movies but I think this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjWGgWnd6Ec&NR=1
    points out everything that was wrong with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah I hated that they blamed Cho. The Marietta 'SNEAK' thing could have been awesome. I suppose that doesn't get rid of how Harry and Cho were meant to have a disastrous date...it could have had them just drifting apart. And there was no interview! AND they're performing levicorpus like nobody's business, when they don't know of the incantation until Book 6! The Dementors are ridiculous, they're meant to be big, with scabbed hands, and cloaked, not looking like ragged little sacks flying everywhere- they don't fly! Bellatrix, Umbridge and Luna are brilliant though. Why doesn't Sirius give harry the mirror? They've kinda ruined that for book 7 now. And I hated the Room of Requirement, I pictured it as a warm, square room and instead it's dark and weird-shaped.. Ministry bit was perfect though. overall, yes they have to compress it, but they don't have to twist things so much..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

well i fianlly saw it, although they took some SEVERE libertys with the book the film was pretty enjoyable, the dementors were ****e though, your not meant to know whats underneeth there hood, there shouldnt have been a skeleton face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah I hated that they blamed Cho. The Marietta 'SNEAK' thing could have been awesome. I suppose that doesn't get rid of how Harry and Cho were meant to have a disastrous date...it could have had them just drifting apart. And there was no interview! AND they're performing levicorpus like nobody's business, when they don't know of the incantation until Book 6! The Dementors are ridiculous, they're meant to be big, with scabbed hands, and cloaked, not looking like ragged little sacks flying everywhere- they don't fly! Bellatrix, Umbridge and Luna are brilliant though. Why doesn't Sirius give harry the mirror? They've kinda ruined that for book 7 now. And I hated the Room of Requirement, I pictured it as a warm, square room and instead it's dark and weird-shaped.. Ministry bit was perfect though. overall, yes they have to compress it, but they don't have to twist things so much..
    Well the room changes shape etc.
    Where did they use levicorpus?

Alos, dementors are meant to be pretty much floating black hooded robes, nothing else damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

During the DA, when they have someone floating on weird-looking air, the incantation shouted is levicorpus, and it's used again in the Ministry.

Yes but Book 3 has the Dementors being huge, and gliding along..not flying.

The description of the room for the DA has books, dark-detectors, and cushions. You also get the impression it's a warm sort of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yup, gliding along, demontors were changed totally. Still noone expected a director to get everything right, wouldnt mind seeing someont like peter jackson doing the last one(i mean look what he did with the lord of the rings, not perfect but imo pretty dammed close) also getting rid of danielle radcliff and that tit who plays dumbledore would make my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

During the DA, when they have someone floating on weird-looking air, the incantation shouted is levicorpus, and it's used again in the Ministry.
    :rolleyes: levicorpus is meant to be a non-verbal spell too, these films sound like sh*te

• Advertisement

All spells can be used verbally and non verbally I believe, even though it said non verbal in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

How bout Guillermo Del Toro? 'Pans Labyrinth' was pretty damn cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JacobM

It gets hairy . . .

Sh*t gets scary . . .

Then *BAM* Pooter gets aslammed by the Hammer of Thor,

Driven into the ground like a nail, leaving nothing but a pointy stick and little ripped out scraps of the Talmud.

And all was well

*tweety-bird* *tweety-bird* *butterfly*

Oh look! A deer!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I think the first 3 films were the best .. the 4th and 5th film were the worst
    but ironically the best books were 4 & 5 ..

problem is they are relying to much on special effects and not putting any
    heart into the acting or atmosphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought it was the best book and film. Even Daniel Radcliffe's acting improved a lot.

I was annoyed that Cho got blamed not her friend. I thought that the Order if the Phoenix could have made more of an appearance considering how its about them! I was disappointed at the snake scene, because in the book it's amazing. Harry fainted outside instead of in the exam....

Really emotional scenes, that I thought were important in the book, were left out like Harry smashing up Dumbledore's office at the end and Harry seeing Neville's parents in the ward at St. Mungos. They left out Quidditch getting banned and firing up the Umbridge backlash.

And I didn't remember the firework scene at all from the book.. :confused:

Advertisement