Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza timing belt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

i'm hopefully going to look at a seat ibiza tomorrow for my girlfriend.
    here is the one: http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=731987

does anyone know what the recommended mileage would be for gettingt he timing belt done?
    AFAIK, it's 60,000 miles, ie now. By the way, that car doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

apart from the fact it's wet in the pics from the rain, and there appears to be a large scratch on the corner of the front bumper, why do you say it doesn't look great?

this will be the 1st one i'm looking at, so don't know much about ibizas yet. if you have any other tips, please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's dirty, and generally grubby looking. The dirt on the interior looks ground-in, suggesting that it hasn't been particularly well cared for, and the fact that it hasn't been cleaned for the photos speaks volumes about the garage. I'd also imagine they've had it a while, tax to 06/07 hasn't been a big selling point any time recently. To be honest, at that price range i'd recommend buying privately. You'll pay less and, more importantly, you'll get to see the previous owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

thanks for the feedback. i think i'll go to see it just to drive one and get a feel for what they are like. the pics aint great, so i guess i'll see when i get out there. i think you're right about the tax - the gf said that she saw it on autotrader or CBG a while back, so it is probably not in great condition.

would be handy to have some sort of guarantee from a dealer though, which you don't get with private sales obviously...

Advertisement