Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof that cycling should be banned

• 10-07-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

Look what happened to Robert Millar Scotlands best professional cyclist :eek:

All those of a nervous disposition don't click this link.

First of all they start shaving their legs, and then it's a slippery slope from there.

I need a beer to recover!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

WTF???? :eek:

Kinda ironic he failed the drugs test for having too much testosterone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I need a beer to recover!

I'll have one while your at it. I need to recover after that as well.:eek:

I fully support your call for a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But cycling is the single most efficient* means to get about, saving money for beer and chinese.

* Money and or energy.

Brother Victor, while cycling may be the most financially efficient means of transport, I think you'll find that having wimmins driving you around is by far the most energy efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

zaph wrote:
    Brother Victor, while cycling may be the most financially efficient means of transport, I think you'll find that having wimmins driving you around is by far the most energy efficient.
    Whilst they nag you? I think not, good sir!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Not all should be banned in fairness.......

cycle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We might need to go on the offensive again.

Look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

smashey wrote:

Look here.

I wouldn't be bothered. I only posted this since it was such a wtf kind of thing to read!

smashey wrote:

Look here.

I don't think so, they haven't done anything to offend us. Yet.

I think it's the journalists they're calling scumbags, not the Brotherhood. Well at least that better be the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yeah, when I first saw it, it hadn't been replied to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

zaph wrote:
    WTF???? :eek:

Kinda ironic he failed the drugs test for having too much testosterone.

I'm sure thats just a polite way of saying 'using performance enhancing drugs'

No, there have been plenty of cases where athletes have been banned for having excessively high levels of testosterone. The best one was when an American runner claimed as his defence that it was his birthday the day before the test and he'd had sex with his wife 5 times that night, which elevated his testosterone levels. I have a feeling he got off, but I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

zaph wrote:
    I have a feeling he got off, but I might be wrong.

Eh, he did: 5 times.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It BeeMee wrote:
    Eh, he did: 5 times.....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

zaph wrote:

If you let them drive they will want the vote.... then who will cook your fry while she is voting ? ... didn't think of that did you ? my god man , what were you thinking.....

Advertisement