Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Urine

Options
  • 10-07-2007 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi, could anybody tell me what is the best way to get rid of the smell of cat urine from a car seat. I was cleaning my car and a cat got in and urinated on the passanger seat. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If it's a fabric cover, scrub well with warm water and sugar soap.

Problem is it has probably soaked down into the sponge and unfortunately will hang around ... its meant to!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

There's a product called Urine-off, it's on a UK shopping channel (a reputable one that I've never had any problems with). It's dear enough for a trigger spray bottle but it contains some enzymes that break down the urine crystals, apparently because it crystalizes that's why it's so stubborn to shift. I know you have to soak the area with the product.

Maybe other companies do similar things here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Have a 1 week ban for that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Maccattack wrote:
    Did you kill the cat?

That will get you a quick ban/death in this forum!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mabey try (spot test first) white vinegar with a bit of bicarb of soda. Vinegar has tons of uses and should work. If it's soaked right into it it might be difficult because the smell could come back over time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oxyclean should work pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

there's stuff in the pet shops in a large yellow bottle - sorry can't think of the name right now - will check & get back to you

Advertisement