Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Musical air horn

Options
  • 10-07-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just wondering if you know of any place around Dublin that sell musical air horns (the Dixie horn for e.g.)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

try any of the 'boy racer' type shops as they possibly have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

civic,

Please don't tell me you drive a honda civic and are looking for a Dixie tune air horn!!:eek:
    The only car you can get away with that on is the General Lee, no exceptions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 civic

Nope, don't drive a Civic!

Just want the musical horn for the weekend. For a wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

YEE HAWW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

civic wrote:
    Nope, don't drive a Civic!

Just want the horn for the weekend. For a wedding!

Thank God for that, I was getting a bit worried there!Wedding sounds like it should be a bit of craic, do those things not need a battery to run off though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 civic

Actually driving a new Passat. Not exactly a stunt driving car!
    They are meant to be handy enough to get working. Not sure really how it's done, but I know people that can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

civic wrote:
    Just want the horn for the weekend. For a wedding!
    :D:D:D

<titter>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Aren't they actually illegal? Something about your horn may not have more than one tone or whatever? Not trying to cause a row, I just thought I'd heard that somewhere recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I've a funny feeling they are, however I doubt you're going to get hassle if you're pulled over with one while driving in your tux and with ribbons on the car... That'd have to be a seriously messed up Garda to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

simple to fit, simple to pull back out, and cheap as chips. halfords stock them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement