Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Digital Camera repair

• 10-07-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

My cousin bought me a lovely Samsung 8.1 pixel camera for my birthday, and I love it. Unfortunately it took a fall the other day, and when I turn it on now, it goes into standby for a few seconds and then lets out three short beeps before turning off. The lens was extended when its took its fateful fall, and it hasnt gone back in, so I'm pretty sure the stuck lens is the problem. Is there anywhere, preferably in Dublin, that I could take it for repair?
    Would it be very expensive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Cant advise re Dublin but welcome keevita!! Long time no see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Maybe give samsung a buzz directly. They should be able to tell you if they have any service centres in Dublin or if you'd be better off sending it back to them in the UK. I had a problem with a casio camera in the last year, had to send it back to Casio in the UK.

Samsung's ROI customer care number is 0818 717100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Best advice is to take it back to the point of sale.
    Is it still under warranty?
    Is there noticeable damage to the camera? Marks, dents, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

440Hz, how are you? yeah havent been on boards that much since leaving college, still nice to have a browse thru every now and again tho!

Rymus, thanks for the advice and the number, i'll try that later.

Cheers :)

so i rang samsung and they gave me another number but i cannot get thru on it does anyone know of any camera shops that would take a look at it, or would i have definately to go thru a samsung outlet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

As I said above, I'd go back to the point of sale first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I wouldnt think you'd have to specifically stay with Samsung's outlets, what they probably gave you is a number for one of their authorised service centres. Chances are if you bring it to any camera shop or repair centre, they'll send it onto one of the samsung repair centres..

Or... what City said..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

somewhere like camera centre on grafton street will end it off for service, estimated cost is about €200 to €250

99% sure it won't be covered under warranty as it's pretty easy to identify a camera that's been dropped when you've seen hundreds of them

wow thats pretty expensive for repair, i would bring it back to where it was bought, but thats in glasgow so easier said than done. to b honest im not going to pretend i didnt drop it so the warranty prob wont do me much good. i'll try that repair place that was mentioned, and see if i can get a quote. thansk guys!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have a friend who sends his repairs direct to the manufacturers in Japan/Korea/where-ever and it ends up costing him 2/3 less than the European prices. May be worth pursuing. He's currently sending off a hard drive for data recovery after I diagnosed a bearing failure. Recons it will cost €150 max when it would be €500+ here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

how does he get the right contact in japan etc and whats his process for sending stuff back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bennej

The official Samsung camera service agents in Ireland is B.A.V.S.
    They are located at:
    Unit 55/1 Block 503,
    Greenogue Business Park,
    Rathcoole,
    Co Dublin.

01-4018103

www.bavs.ie

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you're three years too late, so it probably won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

Worked for me! Thank you :D

Advertisement