Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First car tips/help!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all *waves out to cyber space*
    Hoping to buy my first car but *yikes* i have absolutely NO knowledge of where to start or what to look for (besides being told a 1.0 yaris/vw polo/corsa).... my budget is roughly E2000 to E2500 but if anyone could recommend a good/reliable used car dealer in the Dublin region it would be great. I just don't want to get ripped off and.... being completely honest i dont know what to look for or even ask when looking at a car... yep clueless to say the least, any tips/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks all,
    Eve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

My tip is to get a car which has just passed the nct or which the dealer will put through the nct for you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whatever car you eventually choose, get a professional to examine it before you part with any money - even (as we have recently seen) if you are buying off a dealer. The AA or http://www.carcheck.ie/default.php can do this for you

Test drive all of them and see which one you prefer both inside and outside and also by the way it drives.

Check what extras come with the car, e.g. alloys, sunroof, CD, electric windows, etc.

As for 'reliable used car dealers' - there are none! Thats why they have the reputation they have!

If you have any queries then come back to us. Best of luck!

Advertisement