Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Else Own A 6300?

• 10-07-2007 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody else here own one of these?
    Ad if so has anybody ever had trouble getting the back cover on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah I have one.

Just put the cover onto the back (but back a small bit). You don't have to angle it at all. Then as you try to move it up, you see two metal prongs sticking out at both sides, stopping it from going up any further. Just keep sliding the cover up with your thumbs until it gets past the prongs. (or try pressing up from the bottom of the back cover with your thumb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah that's what I tried but for some reason the cover won't go on past the last milimetre. Now the bottom of it just out ever so slightly and it won't go all the way past to the two prongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I remember the cover on mine being very tight at the start too.

Can you still see the prongs? Pushing the cover up from the bottom works best for me.

No I can't see the prongs anymore, the top of the back piece pretty much covers all of the little lights on the side, except for the last millimetre or so.

Anyway, so long as I know others had difficulty, I'll keep trying, thanks boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It shouldn't be too difficult - maybe the covers faulty? Pop back into the shop if you bought it somewhere recently and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

make sure the prongs are not bent/warped had a few faultys come back due to forcing cover on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sometimes the cover is bent a bit inwards. if you put it on as far as it'll go and then squeeze the sides it should pop up enough to close properly. i've seen it happen a few times

sometimes the cover is bent a bit inwards. if you put it on as far as it'll go and then squeeze the sides it should pop up enough to close properly. i've seen it happen a few times

Nail on the mother****in head...thatnks Commander. Can't believe it was that simple.
    #Elites wrote:
    sorry to hijack the thread but i just bought this phone online (165€ unlocked) and was wondering what you all thought of the phone?
    Where the hell did you get it for that price? I had to pay €200 for my upgrade.
    I think the battery is fine...as far as these new ages phones go. I'm getting nearly two days out of the battery whivh I'm delighted with but this is after having a 5300 with which I would only get one day out of the battery and had to carry a spare around with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

battery life on my 6300 on Vodafone network is about 3 to 4 days, leaving it on at night, no bluetooth use, no camera use, moderate voice and texting use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JNive wrote:
    battery life on my 6300 on Vodafone network is about 3 to 4 days, leaving it on at night, no bluetooth use, no camera use, moderate voice and texting use.

With Bluetooth on and just a couple of pictures, you have to charge it daily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Most of the new Nokias just give you 2 days battery life.

Yeah their new batteries are a load of bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

well yeah, when i used bluetooth, some USB Connectivity, and some camera shots, then it last between 2 and 3 days ( including leaving on at night ).

Just beware the screen uses a lot of the battery power :-) Also, the worse the reception, the more battery is used ( as with any mobile )

Yeah but the screens have a new power save function. After a few minutes of inactivity, they go into hibernate mode to use less battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

Yeah that's what I tried but for some reason the cover won't go on past the last milimetre. Now the bottom of it just out ever so slightly and it won't go all the way past to the two prongs.

I thought it was just me!!!

Hubby can do it, girl in the shop could do it, but I have the exact same troubly you describe! :rolleyes:

I also managed to banjax the cover on the PC data cable thingy!!! :o

sudzs wrote:
    I thought it was just me!!!

Hubby can do it, girl in the shop could do it, but I have the exact same troubly you describe! :rolleyes:

I also managed to banjax the cover on the PC data cable thingy!!! :o
    Just follow the instructions I got in this thread. Push it up as far as you can, then put a finger on top of where each of the prongs should be so that you are pushing them in but the cover is still on...then it should close.

Advertisement