Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cool Car Names

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gatster wrote:
    I think Italian names are quite good - Quattorporte, quattrovalvole, murcielago...all very poetic.

Quattroporte sounds great in Italian, not as impressive as "four-doors" which ias what it means.

I like the "Sedici" which is the name of Fiat's 4 X 4 (which of course means 16)

I like Fiat "Barchetta", which means little boat. again, sounds very cool in Italian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Don't think it was mentioned yet, but I liked the Dodge Charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I like the name "Integrale"............its speaks volumes !

I do agree that the Yanks always sound far more exotic, Corvette Stingray, Dodge Challenger, and I think the names of classy Italian ski resorts, exclusive Euro retreats were somewhat dumbed down when applied to the rear end of a very basic saloon from Ford , e.g Cortina, Granada, Capri etc..

Then again GM Europe had some good ones, Senator, Monza, Omega, Manta, Calibra all sounded good !

Mmm need to give this more thought !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Phaeton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Bristol Beaufighter.

Didnt Bentley have an estate car called a Shootingbrake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Giulia.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I also like supra. Although theres so many cars in the "worst name" thread it probably features in there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Lamborghini diablo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

These may have been suggested already, but screw you hippie...

Ford Mustang
    Plymouth Barracuda
    Dodge Viper
    Dodge Charger
    Audi V8 (does what it says on the tin!)
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
    Vauxhall Monaro
    Plymouth Fury
    Ford Falcon
    Opel Monza & Manta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not a car, but I always liked 'Fireblade' as a name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement