Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Much????

Options
  • 10-07-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question..........This is NOT an advert, but for some time i have been thinking of changing my car and was wondering how much i could get for my exsisting car.

The car is a 02 D Pug 206 1.1 Look with just a little over 30,000 serviced regulary and is very clean inside and outside and only 1 owner (me)

Any Ideas on what a Main Stealer would offer me for this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

is that a fraudian slip? the spelling of dealer?

anyway- try carzone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Depends what you're buying. Trade it in against a brand new 207 and Peugeot might give you €6k-€7k
    Enright wrote:
    is that a fraudian slip? the spelling of dealer?

No slip. Stealer and $tealer are generally accepted spellings of that word on this forum :)
    (No offence to any dealers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would try selling it privately as the 206 is still quite popular used and they tend to have a decent resale value. You will probably do better than the trade-in price a dealer will give you. Of course as Unkel pointed out it also depends on what you are trading it against too.

Use the likes of www.carzone.ie and www.cbg.ie as a rough guide on prices but be aware that alot of those prices are dealer "asking" prices which incorporate warranties, servicing and other overheads. They are not the actual selling price of the car and the trade-in price will also be substatially lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my missus bought a 01 with 45000 miles for 6k so yours should be worth 7 at least privately.

a non peugeot dealer could offer as low as 4.5 tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Cheers for all the replies guys.........

Well was thinking of trading it in for a BMW 318..... but if all they would offer me as a tradein would be 4.5k i think i would wait and save a bit of my own cash first cause i don't really want to have a big finance again........as i will be finished paying for the Pug in Sept this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Revenue value your car @ €6837. Sell privately for €6250 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi, Can you pass on the link to get revenue values of cars???

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Just type VRT calculator into google !

Advertisement