Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Going Really Slow (Help Needed)

Options
  • 10-07-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Its worse than dial up, I think its something to do with the settings because its been like this days. Haven't a clue how to fix it.

Help Please!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

:rolleyes:
    Voltwad wrote:
    Its worse than dial up, I think its something to do with the settings because its been like this days. Haven't a clue how to fix it.

Help Please!

How can you realistically expect anyone to help you if you dont give details of your set up isp etc. Boardsies are not mind readers.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Eircom Broadband
    Wireless Network Connection (Belkin Software and Hardware)
    It says my signal strength is : 11.0 Mbps and very Good

Not sure what other details you need?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried to establish if your problem is actually the quality of the bb signal itself or wireless related. If you connect your computer (laptop - pc???) directly to the router what are your speeds like?

Which Eircom product are you actually on?

well it wasnt like this until a few days ago when my media player asked me to update, when I did the connection was gone completely and it returned like this after a reboot. I'm on eircom broadband, thats all I know. I've a netopia wireless box and a wireless modem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Well today eircom are having trouble with the network as a whole and lots of people(including me) are reporting crap speeds this evening:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119137
    If you read down through that thread there is advice about changing some dns numbers and it appears to work for those who tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

yeah it seems a pretty widespread problem. im affected in tipperary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

im having poor speeds all week also and im not even on eircom:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

matty84 wrote:
    im having poor speeds all week also and im not even on eircom:confused:
    The same problem may effect all the eircom resellers, like IBB [DSL], BT and others.

Advertisement