Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having a whinge: result of one exam missing

• 10-07-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Another wonderful example of the UCD administration, basically some dufus in the administrative side of things forgot/overlooked/etc to input the result for the Old English level 2 exam, which I and my fellow students sat. At present on the SIS it states I have not completed all the credits ie: 55 instead of 60 so I rang the programme office who were very helpful but shocked that this info was missing yet the course is registered and later I rang the English department where they confirmed that a number of 2nd year Mode 1 english students rang to say their old english results were missing.

I have to say that whilst those in the English department and the programmes office have been very helpful I am amazed and shocked that this type of error can occur. How can one forget to input an entire pile of exam scripts and how was this type of error allowed to occur? Right now my overall GPA cannot be calculated and no one attempted to look into it or see why this has happened, if it had just happened to me I could understand it but not to an entire class. There isn't even a No Grade, the module is just missing. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

I have *sigh* and I can't get my transcripts until its fixed. I rang the exams office and I have to get a letter signed by the head of dept and the head of exams to fix it? WTF. Its their bloody fault. Also a head of exams??? Is there such a person? What do they do? Why haven't they been sacked after the mess they've made this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Also a head of exams??? Is there such a person? What do they do? Why haven't they been sacked after the mess they've made this year?

Sinead Critcherly - Director of Assessment. I presume thats who they mean...

In fairness the people organising the exams are extremely under-resourced. It's a disaster cause of having a half-modular college. They pretty much have had their work doubled... it's the implementation of modularisation that has wrecked the college imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I'm missing two results. They haven't inputted the CompSci exam result yet, which is 60% of the course so I'm down as an E when it should be a B+/A- at least. Also missing is a Spanish repeat exam grade. How do you **** up so badly? :confused:

Advertisement