Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Two approacheth

Options
  • 10-07-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭

The time has arrived:)

Mrs. Roundy went into slow labour yesterday afternoon, and we headed to CMH last night. Although she was suffering regular contractions, it was a case of all show and no go, as those who have gone before may understand. Dilations have commenced, but I was sent home at 3am in order to give her some rest. She's watching DVDs now apparently, and walking around waiting for things to happen, and still on 39w+5d, so no chance of being induced just yet, birth, planned at least, to be natural.

I've been through all this before, but waiting is still a bummer, not to mind how the boss feels. I'm under orders to stay put though, so will kill an hour or two before going back in.

Number one is gone shopping for a present with Granny, and is as excited as anybody.

Hopefully this evening will bring news, the phone hasn't stopped all day :D

Anyone else in a similar (expectant) situation?

R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Same kinda thing here Roundy, Mrs. 6th was due no.2 last Wednesday am off home now to go to the Coombe to see the doc. Nothings been happening but no.1 has been a nightmare at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Really exciting news lads - be sure to post pics of the new arrivals
    Best of luck to the mammies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

@ 6th: I remember you posting about this alright, but didn't realise the new arrival was expected so soon. From what I hear, you could be looking at having an induced labour anytime from tomorrow on. They may try a cervical sweep first though, to see if it gets the ball rolling... Best of luck to the three of you.

@ RIRI: pictures will be forthcoming alright, I'm hoping tonight will bring news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Good luck roundy. If they can avoid induction all the better. I was in labour 3 times with my lad, 1st at 30 week, 2nd at 39 weeks and then 39+4. He was born at 39+5.

Dont mean to be crude but it was a good internal exam that finally got the ball rolling at an appointment!!

Lets know how you go!!

Well appointment went well being 6 days over they dont want to wait for Mrs.6th to go naturally so they as if she wanted to be induced or sectioned.

Last time she went through ful labour and then needed an emergencey section (other stuff to but I wont go into it) ... anyway its a section tomorrow afternoon if its not too busy in there.

Here's to a comfy night to both women Roundy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

All the best to both mothers, dads and babs!!

Good luck to both of you!!

And please post photos of the newest junior boardsies asap!!

Well, #2 arrived at 20:22 this evening, weighing in, in old money at 6lb 14(ish)oz.

Labour was a fleeting twelve minutes from the waters breaking to cutting the cord! Labour pains however, were ongoing since early on Monday afternoon, but fair play to Mrs. Roundy, who took it in her stride, and was rewarded with an easy time of it once things got underway:)

The staff at CMH were just as friendly and quietly competent as one would expect, and anyone going there should rest assured of being well looked after.

Tomorrow night, hopefully should see mother and baby discharged, provided the gynaecologist has no objection, as herself would rather be at home.

6th and Mrs 6th, and all other expectant parents, your time will come too, I know the last 36 hours went very slowly for us, and feel your pain!

Apologies for the poor quality of the attached, I neglected to turn on the flash function on the old moby, slightly preoccupied and all that :D

libby1.jpg

libby2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

Thanks Thaed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

congrats roundymooney and the best of luck today to the 6th's.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Congratulations to all involved.
    Apologies for the poor quality of the attached, I neglected to turn on the flash function on the old moby, slightly preoccupied and all that :D
    Not to worry, using the flash is like electrocuting them at that age, they have no experience of light, never mind bright light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Congrats to all. Please keep us posted to let us know if it is easier the second time round :)

Gerat news!

Congratulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Congrats Roundy, well done to both of you.

Mr 6th best of luck and keep us updated.

Roundy congratulations!!

What a beauty :o and extremely alert for a newborn!!

Have you chosen a name? (will i take a wild guess at Libby? :o )

Well Mrs. 6th was due to have a section this afternoon but at 6am this morning 6th jnr decided he'd have a go at making his own way out.

Long story short after a full labour Mrs. 6th had to have an emergency section and jnr made an appearance at 11.45am .... so here he is all 8lbs 15oz. of him:

6thjnr-1.jpg

Our first got to meet him this evening and made sure to tell everyone in the coombe about her brother while saying "Your baby is cute too" to anyone else with a baby :D

Congrats to the Roundys and good luck to everyone else with babs on the way!

6th jnr will be getting his Boards.ie account when he turns 13 just like his sister will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

congrats to the 6th's, fine health boy.

Awh congrats!! I hope Mrs 6th is ok!

Whats his name? Hes a big un !! So cute.

And whats the story with the newborns being so alert!

He's Patrick (Patrick James Guerin) ... PJ when he is older no doubt.

• Advertisement

Hes lovely :)

Congrats again, and all the best to Mrs 6th!!

Ah brilliant! I've been thinking about your situation today 6th and wondering how things were progressing. He's a fine boy, and I'm delighted everything went well.
    Well done to you both, and here's hoping the big sister will acclimatise well, as I'm sure she will.

Now, any tips for getting the mammies to take some well earned rest instead of commandeering all the midnight (plus) feeds? Herself won't let me get a look in:D

Oh, and thanks for the pic Victor, and indeed everybody else for your good wishes.

Oh btw, Libby Beth Murphy is the name of choice, bar a few short hours, herself and Patrick James may have shared a birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats 6th, he's gorgeous.. and HUGE! Poor Mrs 6th :o

And congrats roundymooney too.. what a beautiful wee girly.

Best wishes to y'all.

Congrats 6th & best wishes to Mrs6th

Congratulations guy's I'm thrilled for boths of ya's ...beautiful names
    Ya's have me getting all broody :)
    Your babies are so gorgeous, very alert too I must say!
    Enjoys the next precious few weeks and take loads more photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Oh wow!! Congratulations to you both!!

My sister is due her first child in 8 weeks, and my brothers girlfriend is due her first baby around the end of December.

I am going to be an aunt, twice, in the space of just a few months. Its all very exciting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Roundy & 6th,

Congrat's to you both,
    Really like the name's,nice and normal in a world gone mad.

Hope ye all live happily ever after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Congrats to both families, cute babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Congrats lads! Best wishes to the Missuses.

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Hope Mrs 6th is doing as well as Mrs. Roundy (powerwalking on the beach at all hours of the day!)

Smallies are good too, and everything seems to be settling down nicely.

Advertisement