Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Problem

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I just moved into a new house and the water supply to the area is very HARD WATER. The limescale is pretty bad, kettle started showing up after a couple of boils.

The electric shower doesn't work properly. It goes really hot, then really cold... It has to be the limescale. I changed shower head and still the same. The element in the electric shower must need cleaned.

Is this an easy thing to do? or is there a point. if the limescale is bad, it will just go again, no point replacing or repairing?

Im thinking of just doing away with the electric and try to run a mixer from the hotwater cylinder and use the emerison?

Is this a bad idea? is it tough to do. Can i install a pump somewhere to get good pressure..

Your views would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

i would check the internal filter first. If you have cleaned the head and it was dirty you'll probably have a lot of scale/grit there too. Depending on your make and model, most filters are plasitc or metal gauze on the inlet of ther shower that you can unscrew and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grantk2

thanks cc,

i'll have a look for the filter. its a MIRA 2 ELITE..
    when i took off the cover the back of the cover was pretty black... something burning out..

wonder is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

grant it that was black fine powder then it is normal enough, just carbon from normal use of the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

sounds like your carbon brushes need replacing. there simple enough to remove.
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-appliance-repairs/how-to-repair-major-appliances6.htm

Advertisement