Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Wexford

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hello,
    any1 know where you could get broadband wifi connections around the wexford town area or castlebridge/curracloe area to hook up the lappy.

help appreciated

Comments

I presume that the net cafés will have it.. theres one near whites..

Also, try the hotels / coffee shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Whites Hotel has a hotspot in it, otherwise there's a few like in O'Brien's Sandwich Bars and the SuperValu supermarket (by the eircom payphone) that you can access via a prepaid card thingy or a subscription. There's a full list of their hotspots here , although some are for Enniscorthy and Gorey and a couple of other places.

A quick search should show you other networks hotspots, if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Hi folks,
    People in Oylgate,Glenbrien,Ballaghee areas please let me know how you are getting on wth your broadand.I was in Oylegate today with laptop and am picking up 3.6 there,but in Glenbrien,where I live only getting GPRS.....
    Woud be nice to know how others are getting on.....I like this so far so good...pity bout area coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Hi

Can somebody please tell me if they are using broadband in Clonattin in Gorey and what is the service like?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Hi,
    Has anyone any news on this regional broadband......saw an advertisement in Enniscorthy town for this recently

• Advertisement

All threads re Broadband have been merged into this one.

In future, please post any Wexford focused broadband queries in this thread.

Edit: If this becomes a shill / bashing thread, I'm locking it and banning all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

According to the county council website the Quay in Wexford town has wifi so you could use your laptop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alan62

JMURPHY3 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone any news on this regional broadband......saw an advertisement in Enniscorthy town for this recently

Hi im in gorey and have it and its ideal if you dont have a landline thats why i got them ,they just put a dish on your roof and off you go ,it will set you back around 35 euro a month always on.

Is that Skytel? I use this when I am home - generally good (we have great LOS) but it has its bad days when it drops for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

does wexford town library have broadband for those wishing to use their laptops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I don't know about laptops, but there is Internet access on library computers: see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loughvara

Broadband will be available in Curracloe from Jan 09!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

loughvara wrote: »
    Broadband will be available in Curracloe from Jan 09!

Curracloe now has broadband and Castlebridge will have their exchange enabled next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Whatever you do dont get RegionalBroadband... on a 2Mb connection, lucky to get 50k downloads on a good day, and 1.1k a sec on bad day...

.... actually, correction, a bad days is when there is no service...

Advertisement