Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Dublin - M50 roadworks - HELP !

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm coming up to Dublin this Friday for the weekend. It's been a few months (6 ??) since I've been up last. The whole M50 thing is a nightmare.

Just a few questions.
    I'll be coming in from the south via the N7 and the Red Cow roundabout and want to go to the city centre. If I exit here and take the northbound land of the M50 how easy is it get off at the next exit and get into the city from there. (My usual route)

Last time I was up I ended going out west along the road to Lucan I think. Coming off and going over a flyover to come back on the east bound lane and back into the city that way.

Have they fixed the roundabout at the exit yet so you can get to the city straight off the M50 exit without having to go out the lucan road and doubling back.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

erm, you don't need to get onto the M50 at all, just continue straight at the red cow roundabout and then head up the long mile road straight into the city centre?

What time will you be driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ditch the car at the and jump on the luas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ted1 wrote:
    ditch the car at the and jump on the luas.
    actually, this is the best option. From the Red Cow the Luas would only take 30-35 minutes into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 atals77

Be hitting Dublin about 11:30 to 12:30.
    Bringing some bulky stuff for a friend so the Luas really isn't an option.
    But thanks for the advice. Is the N7 roundabout still a mess ?
    Could go straight in I suppose. Or the other half will probably want to go to Dumdrum shopping

Advertisement