Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is trabolgan good?

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hi guys,

just a quick question..we are thinking of going to trabolgan for halloween..
    we have 2 kids aged 3 and 7 both girls....is trabolgan good ,is it worth it?

thanks in advance

caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Its very good if the weather is nice. If its bad there is still the pool, bowling etc to keep the kids entertained. I would say go for it. The accomadation is clean and self catering. Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Was there years ago, thought it was great craic. Your kids will love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

wow that was a quick response..thanks a mill guys..

i reckon we will book so..

cheers

i wil report back in nov!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

And just up the road from Trabolgan, if you turn right, instead of going into Trabolgan, you are heading towards White Bay. Big Car Park there, nice walk if you park there and walk along road to Roches Point Light House. (Well, if you have a babysitter for the kids and need to clear your heads). But if the weather is good then - again, park at White Bay Car Park and walk down the path to the beach. It's really lovely and if we get the "late summer" we're all hoping for, at least the kids can build sandcastles!

thanks for that judes....

well i have booked for oct 30, so we will be spending halloween in trabolgen..

very good value too i think....425 euro for 4 of us for 3 nights...:)

• Advertisement

Was there years ago too, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Went last week. it was a childhood dream that came 28 years too late. Theres a lovely gate lodge at the entrance. Apparantly there was a big hous on the grounds but it became covered by sand dunes (dunno if they demolished it) but you can still see the suporting columns by the lake/river. It was all i expected it to be! :)

well just to finish off this thread....we went to trabolgan and we had an absolute ball......the girls loved every single minute .

every staff member we met was out standing , the blue coats are a fantastic bunch of people....

there was so much to do we were hard pressed to fit it all in....

for anyone reading who may be thinking of going i would say most definately book it.....

we done alot of the cooking ourselves as the eating out there was expensive but it was well worth it ....we will be going again..

so just to say a big thank you to ye all who posted to say yes go its good as it was ye're recommendations that encouraged me to book

so THANK YOU ALL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Glad you had a great experience there :)

Advertisement