Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill exchange is being BB enabled

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

FYI, The Summerhill Co. Meath exchange is being upgraded. I eircom BB engineers arrived 10 july to install and test the equipment. I wonder how long this will take.

Does anyone know how long it takes to install and configure the DSLAM?

There may be light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Indeed there may! *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Inky, I don't think you should get too excited yet. If they are only starting to work on it, this means they are probably upgrading the power and transmission links first and will be installing the DSLAM later. I am pretty sure it is in their plans for this year, but it can take up to 4 or 5 months for them to do all the prep work and I would guess it will be November or December before you see DSL enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

One rural exchange near me was offering DSL about a week after the equipment was installed. There's little work to do if there is already fibre there for the phone exchange. It depends greatly on the exchange in question. Anyway I would say it would be much sooner than November or December if they're already provisioning equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 inky1

thats my bubble bursted. looks likes i will be seing "connected at 56k" for quite a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Keep the faith:) It could be done in weeks instead of months, if they have the equipment all ready to be installed. The best way to find out is by asking a local eircom engineer you might see about the place. They're normally very helpful and well-informed too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement