Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431

Options
  • 10-07-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has sat the above exam.
    What was there experience like, easy ? difficult ?

I am not doing a course but just reading myself and going through the MS MCTS book.
    Can you recommend any sample questions or which ones to stay clear of ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I completed it in Jan..

It wasnt the toughest of the exams I have sat in the last year. But I think it was difficult enough. Its a mix between standard questions and simulations. Most of the stuff is fine, if you have the 70-431 book and are working in 2005 in a mid to large size operation or where you are working with devs you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Hi, I'm doing this exam this Friday! The questions should be okay, its the simulations you'll have to watch out for. There are about 40 questions in the first part, and just when you think you're done, it rolls out the second part which is about a dozen simulations. If you get all the questions right and then do badly on the simulations, you'll fail. They brought in this format in April and by all accounts, its been catching a lot of people out.

Forgot to mention- the Pass4Sure questions would be the best ones to track down.

Pass4Sure is a brain dump site and would invalidate your cert. Dont use them...

Thats a bit harsh- there's nothing wrong with having a look to see what kind of questions are going to come up. Hey, when we were in college and secondary school, do you mean to say you never had a look through the sample papers? There's no way you could pass this paricular exam with the questions alone. You really do need to need to have been exposed to SQL for some time- that what the simulations are for.

• Advertisement

Read the NDA at the start of the exam... These violate the NDA and count as cheating materials. Use of cheating materials invalidates your certs. In the case of MS certs also means you cannot ever sit their cert exams again.

In college or secondary school, you didnt have access to the test you were going to sit.. or was that different in your school???

Not harsh, its true.

Oh puh-lease. It happens that I was given some materials by the guy who was instructing the SQL course with Calyx- do you mean to say that those are the actual questions that are going to turn up? He never said anything about cheating- just to use them as a guide to get used to the wording.

I'm not concerned as I use my MCP/MCSA stuff on a day to day basis anyway and I'm a damn good tech. Anyone who's passing exams and not doing the practical work will get caught out in the end.

Whats happened to the guys on this site? They used to be cool but now they've gone all holier than thou and self-righteous.

Ok by definition a brain dump is the actual question that has appeared on the exam.. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_dump) so yes they will come up.. They are not "sample" they are actual.

So in essence what I am saying is what I said before.. If you want to see what type of questions and even sit a practice exam use a certified provider such as MeasureUp for this

Its up to you to use these materials if you see the need... just dont promote then

Advertisement