Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good book

• 10-07-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

So I just finished LC music. Probably wont do music in college but I still want to study advanced theory by myself.

So, could anyone recommend me a good college standard book on music theory? A book on jazz theory type stuff would be great too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

have you considered the bible :) if you have friends who ARE doing music in college then my advice is to wait for a few weeks after the first term starts then ask them what they are using. or just go into a book store and ask!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

look at the associated boards music theory syllabus and try work through the work books?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Moonie...I could google it but from where is the 1st line of your signature from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Langston Hughes:

Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.
    "Dreams," from the anthology Golden Slippers: An Anthology of Negro Poetry for Young Readers, ed. Arna Bontemps (1941)

Advertisement