Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debs preparation? help!

• 10-07-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

going to my first debs this year (i'm a girl btw!), just wondering how everyone here got ready for theirs? as in who did your hair and make-up and where, what times of the day, etc. any advice and past experiences much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

RTM wrote:
    going to my first debs this year (i'm a girl btw!), just wondering how everyone here got ready for theirs? as in who did your hair and make-up and where, what times of the day, etc. any advice and past experiences much appreciated! :)

Mine was a while ago but I would prob treat it the same as when I go to weddings..what exactly are you getting done. Me I would....

THREE DAYS BEFORE: get legs waxed
    TWO DAYS BEFORE D DAY: get spray fake tan done
    DAY BEFORE: Do my fingernails and toenails - shape, clear gloss and paint toenails. Do my eyebrows - pluck, shape etc.
    THE ACTUAL DAY: Get hair done. Makeup - do it myself as I would never trust anyone with that and paint fingernails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Twas also a few years ago now but form what i can remember....

Week Before : Hair Trim and Upstyle practise run with the hairdresser

Early nights and plenty of water for previous week

2 days before : Spray tan

Day before: eye brow pluck, nails (if getting gels) leg shave and tan touch up

Day of : wash hair early and dont straighten
    Hair about 1
    Make up (Bobbi Brown in BT were AMAZIN) about 3
    If not getting Gel nails I'd paint after make up or between hair and make up
    about 5, into dress, relax and ENJOY!!!

Early night the night before is a MUST

I had a close friend (whose Debs wasnt on obviosuly) travel to all my apointments with me on the day and vice versa for her debs, she helped calm me and was a great help when i needed something or a second opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RTM

thanks girls keep them coming! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

Mine was 2 years ago. Wish it was on again, was a great night! Make sure you book all your appointments in advance for hair make up etc or you might not get the times you want.
    Go to your hairdressers and try loads of different hairstyles, dont just settle for the first one you get done.
    I got my spray tan done the day before the debs, then i got hair, nails and make up done on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That all seems a tad excessive and a waste of time? I got my hair done on the day at about 4pm. I did my make-up by myself and that took about 20 minutes, then I got dressed and wandered around the house waiting for my lift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Attol wrote:
    That all seems a tad excessive and a waste of time? I got my hair done on the day at about 4pm. I did my make-up by myself and that took about 20 minutes, then I got dressed and wandered around the house waiting for my lift.

Well maybe some of us need more work than others :D

It's just one day out of 5/6 years in school so no harm in pampering yourself!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i did no preparation at all lol i got up showered did my hair and make up showered shaved and i was ready,I also probably had the cheapest debs in history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My sister did my hair and make-up for last year's, very handy. My dress was €33 as well, did have to buy some products from Boots though. Overall, <€150. This year's won't be as cheap, sadly..

My friend went to a Dior make-up counter for last year's and eh, she ended up being really overdone and it didn't suit her. Get a make-up counter you're somewhat familiar with it, and for both hair and make-up, try out different styles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

My first Debs I had vouchers from relatives to get my make-up & hair done. Hair was too severe & make-up was the opposite I had asked for. Also had tan done, rotten!
    My own Debs, friend did my hair, did my own make-up but did get a lesson in MAC a week beforehand & I didn't bother with tan as I'm fairly brown anyway. So basically I'd recommend you chill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clairehere

• 2 weeks before: bought the dress,shoes,bag,jewellery.
    • 1 week before : got my hair trimmed and my highlights redone.
    • Day before: showered,waxed,plucked, washed hair,exfoliated,got my tan and nails done texted my date to see what time he was collecting me at.
    • The actual day: got my hair done at 10 o'clock, did my own make up, fixed tan mishaps,put on dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im going to my first debs this year and the only things im getting done profesionaly are a light spray tan and my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lively-Blonde

I'm also heading to my first debs this year and its also my own debs.
    As for preparations I'm doing my own tan and makeup-cause i wouldn't trust anyone else to do them and I know what I like myself rather than trying to explain it to someone.

I think I'm going to splurge a bit and get my hair and nails done but getting hair done professionally can be a bit risky so definitely have a practice run done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

It's also my debs this year, I've had my dress since May, I'm getting my make up, tan, gel finger and toe nails, eye brows plucked, full leg wax and a facial for 200 euro! It was a bridal package, so if you're really suck, most places do packages, bridal ones are the best though, they cover the essentials to have you feeling gorgeous on the day and even for the lad you're with to appreciate it.
    The only thing I have yet to organise is my shoes, jewellery and such, my dress still has to get fitted as well! (Ahh panic!) and my hair.
    I'm also organising my boyfriend, as he couldn't organise a sunny day in Spain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

The only thing i got done was my tan about 2/3 days before.

I did everything else myself, kept make up simple, kept my hair down. I'm all about simplicity and hate the fuss. my dress was plain and simple as was my make up and hair.

I just know i'd feel uncomfortable with my hair up or someone else doing my make up.A friend of mine had her hair done for our debs, it was atrocious, she hated it. The following night when it was our boyfriends debs she just did everything herself, make up, hair etc and was a lot happier...and looked 10 times better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xj.cx

hi its also my debs in a few weeks and i have booked to get my makeup done in mac . has any one got theirs done there ??? i love mac makeup but im scared about getting it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hello xj.cx, and welcome to boards.ie. The last post in this thread was over a year ago. I have moved your other post on this from the Aveda thread and made a thread of its own out of it. You will get your answers there.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement