Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband

Options
  • 10-07-2007 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Having BT hook up the line in the new gaff this week. Only 3mb :(

What i want to know is what are they like for watching caps? And how stable are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think they're not too bad in that respect. I download a lot and I'm their 2MB pack and have never had any issue with going over cap.

Watch them like a hawk though... they will almost definitly screw up your billing somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Very stable, 3 years now and only ever one breakdown in service, and that was eircom's fault. I get the full 3Mb pretty much all the time.

They also don't enforce the cap, though they did suspend a lot of people one time, for a day, so they can if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm on bt 1mb line and always go over the cap (Not a lot mind you). I've been watching it closely in the last while as they recently sent out a letter saying that I might benefit from an upgrade to a 2mb line as they noticed that I had exceeded the cap. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I am on there 3mb for about a year and a half and have gone over my cap every month since I signed up, usually around 80-100Gb per month :)

I also find the service very reliable but I am sure you have heard about there notorious billing service :mad:

I was waiting for a year for them to return my deposit of €125 and shock horror it actually arrived yesterday.

Advertisement