Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike hire

Options
  • 10-07-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

I am doing a triathlon in August, the only bike i have is a mountain bike and i am not looking forward to competing on it. Can anybody tell me if there is somewhere i could rent a bike for the day, or if there is somewhere i could buy a 2nd hand bike

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Won't you need a road bike for training? It's not a great idea to rely on a new bike (or new shoes or new anything) for a big event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Changing the tyres on your mountain bike to slicks will make a big difference.
    I put aerobars on my mountain bike and they help too. I find the aero position quite relaxing - it takes pressure off the arms and shoulders, and is obviously more aerodynamic.
    Buying these will cost about 110 euro. While they won't be as good as having a road bike, as RainyDay says, using something new on race day is never a good idea.

Advertisement