Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap bed?

Options
  • 10-07-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Not exactly a DIY question but I couldn't see anywhere else to put it so sorry if this is the wrong place. Does anyoen know where I can get a cheap bed (less than 300) where they'll take away the old one too? I know it's pushing my luck a bit but I am totally sick of sleeping in a broken noisy bed and I can't afford anything else, and don't have my own car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

How about a free bed? ..... :confused:

seriously, there are beds coming up on jumbletown every now and then .... some of them in perfect condition and all free .... :eek:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php

now I know you will need to arrange transport but if the bed is free, find yourself a van guy or even a jeep man with a trailer .... drop them a few yo yo's and your problem solved is solved .... :)

ps. you need to watch JT often to spot the new items as they are posted .... just hit 'go' on the new items tab .....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good advice Hobie, I know that the charity shops don't take them (well SVP) so there should be a good few up on jumble town, never got anything from there myself, but my wife loves putting my stuff up fro grabs.

Some people will travel for miles for something free, once this guy came from the back end of wicklow all the way over to North side Dublin for a crappy chess board (worth about €7), took him about half of his saturday and god knows how much petrol, and he was delighted with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Lifestyle Furniture Factory Shop in Portlaoise had some great bargains in beds last weekend. You may have to put your old bed on Jumbletown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

for new good priced and quality cheap beds (ortho/semi-ortho) i use Baize house in Glasnevin ind park. www.baize.ie and you will get a new ortho bed for about 260 which is in your budget and they deliver...just if you have no luck elsewhere.

Note: I have no affiliation to this store, just use them a few times all with good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks for the tips, I don't think there's any point in putting it on jumbletown, it's broken pretty badly. I'll see what I can do anyway :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement