Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Muse

• 10-07-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Im just after seeing muse for the third time, i think (and i know im not the only one) that they are the best live band in the world. they have yet to make a bad album. your opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i saw em for the first time at wembley it was stunning,
    just discovered the greatness of the song:''the small print''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Seen them twice, both shows were fantastic.
    Origin of Symmetry is for me their greatest album. Citizen Erased their greatest song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They are great shows and all that, but they could do a bit more variety in their sets. They have so many amazing songs, yet continue to play the likes of Hoodoo, even after a year of the albums release. To leave out Citizen Erased on this tour was idiotic to say the least. Although I did hear 'Sunburn and Unintended this time around, along with Feeling Good, which were amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Mushy wrote:
    They have so many amazing songs, yet continue to play the likes of Hoodoo, even after a year of the albums release.
    Yeah. They played Butterflys & Hurricanes & blackout at wembley I think. I think bellamy loves those epic ones a bit too much. The violins on Absolution aren't very impressive but great in Blackholes. They're not bad songs per se I just don't wanna hear them live. As for variety I think they are there to provide just that.

Citizen Erased might be in the UK charts next week of course. Wish they would play a few b-sides live (Glorious, Easily & Fury) because they're great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Muse are one of them great bands, they put on a superb show and their albums are produced wonderfully.

finally got the privelidge to see muse very recently and i have to say i was blown away but wished i was at a smaller venue ie. the point.

When you first hear muse on CD you think, ahh when i go to see them a lot of them synth-y sounds will be lost with just guitar/bass/drums but if anything, there's even more synth-y sounds due to bellamy's array of custom made guitars and his amp and pedal setup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Cremo wrote:
    finally got the privelidge to see muse very recently and i have to say i was blown away but wished i was at a smaller venue ie. the point.
    /QUOTE]
    i seen them in the point, best gig i was ever at!!! the set list was class, all the best sonhs from the last 3 albums. the crowd was class, everyone was going mental for the entire gig (apart from the set with the piano, soldiers poem and space dementia!) seen them recently, the crowd was dead!!. Honnestly i was getting looks from the person infrunt of me for going mental once they started playing hysteria......wtf!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Saw them in the point last year too, what a gig that was; deffo in the top 5 gigs I've ever seen! I would have loved to have seen them in the \small venue in town with several balconies that isn't allowed to be mentioned here it seems\ 2 or 3 years ago though, that was supposed to be unreal.

Mushy wrote:
    To leave out Citizen Erased on this tour was idiotic to say the least

They played it in Wembley on the Saturday night but sadly no Bliss :mad:.

Yeah, Bliss is another stupid one to leave out. They only played Citizen Erased once in Wembley, and that was it for the whole tour. I dont mind the epic songs, Butterflies and hurricanes is great live, but something like Showbiz would be kickass.

Personally I'd say the last time I saw them was better, think its better outdoors, but maybe it was the crowd that was there. Myself and my mate going mental the whole time, but the foreigners just been reclusive and only going mental once or twice. Better setlist too.

EDIT: Can hear my brother listening to Showbiz for the first time now, he's getting into them. Fillip is a great song though.

#Elites wrote:
    i've seen them live 3 times now, as much as i love Muse, i wouldn't go to another Muse gig unless it was a really good album..its just a little bit repetive.

Definately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

They're so amazing live! There's very few gigs I've enjoyed more than Muse, hope they play again soon. I've only seen them once though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Saw them for the 5th time on Saturday, twas great but I don't think they'll ever reach the glory days of OoS, at least for me, again! Hullabaloo, at least the last time I watched it, was one of the most amazing live shows I'd ever seen, though Matts guitar work has suffered over the last 2 albums. To me at least he seems to lean towards looking over-the-top compared to writing great guitar licks (Screenager for example). The songwriting has become simpler and more radio-friendly, not to say that the songs aren't cool, just it ain't the same. Go back on mushies lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Saw them at the point last time round - Amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Seen them twice, both shows were fantastic.
    Origin of Symmetry is for me their greatest album. Citizen Erased their greatest song.

Full agreement on Citizen Erased.

I really don't like the last album, and it's bugging me, as I can't differentiate it too much from the ones I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Have seen them 3 times. First time they were slightly disappointing but I think that was because The Hives supported them and Muse seemed terrible moany after The Hives hopping around the stage.

OOS is definately their finest hour, Dark Shines being the track for me.

Last album is going down the commercial road, not a bad album but cant say I will be waiting in anticipation for the next album if its in a similar vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think he just cleaned up his guitar tone since OOS to make way for synthy stuff. You're reading way too much into it by assuming it's to make it 'radio friendly'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

If you ever turn on MTV 2 on a saturday you could say you have seen them about 1000 times live :) im only on 2shows at the moment, 1 indoor 1 outdoor, was suprised that they were so good outdoor after thinking the reason the indoor gig was so good was because it was indoor!!
    im not sure where i stand on the new album, its kind of one of those if it was a different band id love it, but because its muse i cant help feel that they were having a laugh and watching a load of x files boxsets or star trek and decided to release an alien album!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

BHaR was generally shíte and having seen them at Rock Werchter, I have to say that I cannot see why they've been hailed as such a great live band these days. I saw videos of them live from 2000-2004 and they looked class, but when I saw them there was no Citizen Erased, no Bliss, and what was generally a self indulgent, mundane set of average songs overwhelmed by a glorified lights show. The classics they played like Newborn or Stockholm Syndrome were great, but that was the only positive to take from the affair. Disappointingly overrated tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Haven't seen them live yet. I'm not very good for getting off to gigs. I don't think they've topped OoS yet but I wouldn't put it passed them to do so. I think BHaR is a great solid album but I would agree they are moving more into the pop vein of things. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned but I'd like more tracks like New Born, Plug in Baby, Time is Running Out etc.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I cannot see why they've been hailed as such a great live band these days

Saw them in London a few weeks ago and the live show is still amazing, song selection could be better though but overall it is still great.

Meh, I saw Pearl Jam and Metallica on the same weekend. Muse don't even come close to either in terms of their live show. I was expecting something amazing due to all the hype and they didn't deliver.

heh, well one of the things that pissed me off about Muse was the over extravagant light show/screens.

They seriously need to ditch that crap and focus on putting on a good show without all that gimmicky lighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I absolutley love Muse, been listening to them for quite a while now,and i saw them live for the first time on saturday, one word...epic. I was truly blown away, the lights...Matt's voice....unreal stuff!
    When i first heard the new album i was a bit dissapointed but after hearing some of the songs live i can really appreciate those songs now. 'Take a bow' is a great opener, and Knights of Cydonia is just amazing! 'Starlight' is also amazing live, everyone clapping along to the drum beat, love it :D
    I cant wait until the next time i see them, whenever that may be, and i dont think they are overrated, tbh they get very little radio time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

why would you go back?
    they put on a really good show regardless of the lights
    *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

JC 2K3 wrote:
    heh, well one of the things that pissed me off about Muse was the over extravagant light show/screens.

They seriously need to ditch that crap and focus on putting on a good show without all that gimmicky lighting.

I dont feel that the lighting is gimmicky, i thinkit adds to the great music, they want to make their live show as good as possible, they already do that with the fantastic music they play, and they add to it more with the lights imo.

Fantasticness is subjective.

For example, I think Starlight is one of the worst songs I have heard from any band in the last decade.

I know I seem bitter, but tbh, when I started listening to them, I really thought that Muse were a great, refreshing and interesting band. From the release of BHaR up to seeing them 2 weeks ago, I feel I've been really let down.

I don't think I'll be listening to them for a while now. I might throw Showbiz, OoS or certain tracks from Absolution on again in a few months, but I can't honestly see myself being too interested in them again until they release a new album, which hopefully will seriously redeem them.

Hopefully BHaR will become their St. Anger :p (with the possible exception of Knights of Cydonia)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Have seen Muse twice and both times were out of this world. The light show is spectacular but the music is what blows me away. IMO they give it there all every show

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Fantasticness is subjective.

For example, I think Starlight is one of the worst songs I have heard from any band in the last decade.

I know I seem bitter, but tbh, when I started listening to them, I really thought that Muse were a great, refreshing and interesting band. From the release of BHaR up to seeing them 2 weeks ago, I feel I've been really let down.

I don't think I'll be listening to them for a while now. I might throw Showbiz, OoS or certain tracks from Absolution on again in a few months, but I can't honestly see myself being too interested in them again until they release a new album, which hopefully will seriously redeem them.

Hopefully BHaR will become their St. Anger :p (with the possible exception of Knights of Cydonia)

Take your Muse collection off you for €10 since you aint so keen anymore?

• Advertisement

Sure, what brand of CDRs would you like?

Advertisement