Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Muse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

#Elites wrote:
    It was a festvial though, they only had about 1hr to set up the stage (and in fairness now, what they did was quite cool)

though Metalica's Fireworks where a nice touch:D

Nah, thinking I'm kinda siding with JC 2K3 on their lights, and other stuff. Fair enough, the second time, I couldnt give a rats ass about the lights, was more into it for their songs, but hey, still have to look at the stage. Its more images they have. For example, starlight...allthe stars as if they are coming towards the crowd. Lights for this tour were definately over-appreciated.

As for the setlist on this tour, just nah! didnt cut it(for when I saw them). Take A Bow as the last song doesnt work, its eithe an opener or not. Some songs from the new album live are great, KoC obviously, its great anywhere in any set. They need diversity, look towards QOTSA for that.

As for the new album, its not the worse, some really good songs, some songs I just dont 'get', and then some awful things on it. Same as Absolution if ya ask me. Starlight, despite being one of the poppiest songs of last year, is just a cool live song(with the clapping, its perfect), and thats nearly all it'll get credit for from me. Hopefully its a few years before I see them again, and they'll be refreshed etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ah comparing bhar to st.anger is a bit harsh!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

JC 2K3 wrote:
    heh, well one of the things that pissed me off about Muse was the over extravagant light show/screens.

They seriously need to ditch that crap and focus on putting on a good show without all that gimmicky lighting.

but if you take the lighting away, it is still a great show

Mushy wrote:
    As for the setlist on this tour, just nah! didnt cut it.
    the setlist in november was way better, bliss, citizen erased and space dementia, but nothing off the first album. they have so many good songs, its hard to please everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

but if you take the lighting away, it is still a great show
    They were better in the past IMO. The lights just annoy me because they seem to distract from this fact and they get lauded as "the greatest live band in the world", which simply is not true. The setlists, in terms of getting a crowd going and in terms of playing quality songs, are very average this tour. Fair enough, this is all my opinion and nearly everything from BHaR bores me, whereas you might love it.

Btw, when's the last time they played Muscle Museum?

• Advertisement

the setlist in november was way better, bliss, citizen erased and space dementia, but nothing off the first album. they have so many good songs, its hard to please everyone.

They didnt play Space Dementia in November. You could be thinking of Apocalypse Please. This is a site with all their setlists:

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/concerts/Concerts.php?year=2006&PHPSESSID=df9b5a7f8165fc3f45012581c69c3a73

JC2K3, you'll find Muscle Museum somewhere in there, probably on the 2007 section of sates, as they probably played it at least once this year somewhere.

Most definately not the "best live band in the world" for me. That honour goes to Pearl Jam or Queens of the Stone Age

Mushy wrote:
    They didnt play Space Dementia in November. You could be thinking of Apocalypse Please.

im think that set list is slightly wrong, i think forced in = space dementia, im 99% sure they played it. Apocalypse was the first song of the encore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

im think that set list is slightly wrong, i think forced in = space dementia, im 99% sure they played it. Apocalypse was the first song of the encore

No, Forced In was played and it led into Bliss. I'm 100% sure of that since I love Forced In and was delighted when they played it.

OctavarIan wrote:
    No, Forced In was played and it led into Bliss. I'm 100% sure of that since I love Forced In and was delighted when they played it.
    i stand corrected!

Isnt Forced In just some guitar/piano doodle that Matt does? Like Mystery Man is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mushy wrote:
    Isnt Forced In just some guitar/piano doodle that Matt does? Like Mystery Man is now.

No it's an entire band thing, think of the Hullabaloo version but without the vocals. It's simple enough, but oddly great to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I love forced in, have it set to load and play when I log into Muse.mu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

aren't muse a second best radiohead

MooseJam wrote:
    aren't muse a second best radiohead
    Haven't heard that in years. You're looking for a reaction. Nice try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oooooh, controversial :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Haven't heard that in years. You're looking for a reaction. Nice try.

no, it's a genuine observation, I like muse but they've always seemed similar but just not as good

Well, I was up the front at a Radiohead gig a year ago and the only songs that really got the crowd going were the 10 year old ones.

EDIT: Radiohead don't have many great guitar 'riffs' to speak of. Whilst with Muse I can name 10. How are the songs similar then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I was never into them that much, but I saw them recently, and they literally blew me away.
    So after digging out my copies of 'Absolution', and 'BH&R', I fell in love.
    They're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

One of my favourite bands, unbelieveable riffs IMO. One of the best bands to be around the last 15 years or so IMO.
    My favourite Muse song would likely be New Born, such a great song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Muse rock sooo much, such a unique sound, love them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement