Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Teachers Required: Grinds

Options
  • 10-07-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Greetings!

I will be looking for teachers of most Leaving Certificate subjects to work part-time for my project, starting at the end of September. I manage a project that provides a full year of grinds to young people who have been out of the mainstream school system for more than one year and have the desire to sit Leaving Cert exams. Grinds are done on a one to one basis in most cases. We pay the standard VEC rate for an unqualified part-time teacher of 37.40 euro ph. Any teacher who is interested in working for us must have an open minded and non-judgemental approach to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Teachers must also be willing to deliver their subject to some of our young people in its most basic format as we have students who are out of education for quite some time and will be aiming to attain a 40% pass mark in exams. Therefore teching notes, novel summaries, point by point simple instruction is often vital for some of our students.

If you think you would be interested in what we have to offer please reply. It may be a few weeks before I get in touch with you as we plan to start classes at the end of September.

Please include in ur reply the subject(s) you teach, ur qualifications and experience, and a rough idea of how many hours pw you would be willing to work. Full CV would be excellent.

Please reply only to: brenmarsh@gmail.com

Thank you.

Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Based where?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What exactly is this project that advertises for unqualified teachers to work with already marginalised students?

It sounds very much like already existing projects where third level students volunteer to work with children in VEC schools.

I'm sorry, but I am very suspicious of anything that randomly asks for people to work with young people. Is there Garda vetting involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

spurious wrote:
    What exactly is this project that advertises for unqualified teachers to work with already marginalised students?
    I cannot see where it says he's looking to employ unqualified teachers.

Me neither...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He's paying the unqualified rate - why would he pay qualified people the unqualified rate??

Perhaps I misread it.

• Advertisement

Because some would be happy to take it perhaps?

Advertisement