Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about opening a uk bank account

Options
  • 10-07-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I want to open a uk bank account,can i open a uk account using an irish address?

Also the only proof of address i have is a repayment of taxes from the revenue. It has my address on the top,is it acceptable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They'll normally require something with an address in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

ronano wrote:
    I want to open a uk bank account,can i open a uk account using an irish address?

Also the only proof of address i have is a repayment of taxes from the revenue. It has my address on the top,is it acceptable?

Nope. They are way hotter on the ID/POA thing than Irish banks are. It can be a nightmare if you are just moving over. If you have an Irish account though you can change the address to a UK one (this assumes you know where you're gonna be living before you go!) and request a statement. AIB let me have an English address on my Irish account for years when I moved away.

If you go to a smaller branch in the UK (where they are less used to foreigners opening accounts...it works) with a rental agreement they might accept that, but usually they are strict on the utility bill/bank statement rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the replys,i have no util/statement with a uk address :(

are there any irish banks that operate in the uk,saving me hassle etc just open up one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope, it's not that easy unfortunately. The English branches would still generally require that you have an address in the UK when opening the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

oh boo-urns

thanks for the replies :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement