Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schuster new coach of Real Madrid, Saviola, Pepe and Metzelder his new signings!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476168&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=10&title=Real+confirm+Saviola+deal&channel=&
    Bernd Schuster has confirmed that Real Madrid have completed the signing of Javier Saviola on a free transfer after he was released by Barcelona.

The German coach told Punto Radio that a deal had been completed for the Argentinian striker on June 30, but that he was only stating it now he was coach at the Bernabeu.

"He is young, can score goals and can give us a lot more," Schuster said.

Saviola's desire to prove a point to Barca is something that his new trainer is looking forward to seeing.

"These are small details that are also good for us. The fans and the media reacted well when the news came out."

Christoph Metzelder - who passed his Real medical on Tuesday and will be officially presented on Wednesday - and Pepe have already signed for Madrid to bolster the defence, but Saviola is the first attacking player to arrive under Schuster.

The 25-year-old striker had stated earlier this season that he would never join Madrid and was keen to pen a new deal at Camp Nou.

However, as his options of first-team action became less and less under Frank Rijkaard, the possibility of following in Luis Figo's footsteps became more attractive.

Saviola joined Barcelona in 2001 and enjoyed three successful seasons, before the Catalan club signed Samuel Eto'o.

Loan spells at Monaco and Sevilla followed, before he opted not to spend a third year at a different club and stayed at Barca last summer.

Despite a serious injury to Samuel Eto'o last October, Saviola still found his chances limited and when he was offered a reduced contract to stay, Saviola stated that his days at Camp Nou were numbered.

Good move, Who is this new coach though? Never heard of him. Is he any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's done very well with Getafe on limited funds, this is his first big job though so its a bit of a risk for Madrid. He'll be changing the style again, he's usually a more attack minded guy, which is what the guys upstairs obviously want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'll give him 6 months in the job if he's not getting anywhere, a year if he manages to win the league. 2 years max if he's incredibly successful.

Winning the league is no guarantee that he'll be there the following week as del Bosque and Capello have shown

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Winning the league is no guarantee that he'll be there the following week as del Bosque and Capello have shown
    Really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pepe for 30 million yoyos? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Bad move for Saviola I think. I can't see him playing very much for Madrid next season. Rumour was he was on ridiculous wages at Barca and wouldn't take a transfer elsewhere that reduced that. Looks like he might have repeated the trick with Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

cheesedude wrote:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476168&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=10&title=Real+confirm+Saviola+deal&channel=&
    Good move, Who is this new coach though? Never heard of him. Is he any good?

None of you guys remember Schuster during this playing days? Played for Barca (with Maradona), and Real Madrid (with Butragueno) during the 80s. Showing my age there I suppose.

As Rebel says he's done very well on limited funds with Getafe. I actually think he could be a success with RM as he played in that cauldron for years and knows what to expect. Madrid are also showing signs that they are putting their Galactico days behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea i remember crawling out of the wonb and going "whoa that Schuster guy is amazing" ;)

Really?
    Both of em got the chop after winning the league

• Advertisement
Advertisement