Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chemical brothers we are the night :/

• 10-07-2007 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

so people heard their new album we are the night I've listened to it a couple of times now and im not impressed at all

Im a huge fan, have eveything they've done and they've somewhat changed they're tone for each album but this quite lowkey more rock then beats which I do like that style but the songs aren't that great...a bit dull and disappointing

don't like do it again, it not as strong as any of the other repetative songs like does it matter and the video looks too much like fatboyslim one...

its doesn't seem either fun or mind ****ing or quite mellow enough

think I most like saturate

no outstanding tracks, im litening to again now, will have to listen to it more.

got number 1 album in the uk though...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Didnt think much of the album myself either.

If you've listened to their previous albums you're pretty much heard what this one has to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Have to say I've listened to it a few times now and think it's their best album for a while. I was a big fan early on (Three Little Birdies Down Beats!!), but not so much the last 2 albums.

Do you not like Burst Generator or A Modern Midnight Conversation?

Salmon Dance is going to be a bit video hit.

I like most of the tracks on the album, I think they're going to really rock Electric Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Currently downloading it so will reserve judgement until ive listened to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

joker77 wrote:
    Have to say I've listened to it a few times now and think it's their best album for a while. I was a big fan early on (Three Little Birdies Down Beats!!), but not so much the last 2 albums.

Do you not like Burst Generator or A Modern Midnight Conversation?

Salmon Dance is going to be a bit video hit.
    fatlip is cool and all is there a video?

those are probably the songs I like the most but they not a trippy and three little birdies down beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

They've done it again imo,heard burst generator at ****** at the wkend and it sounded great,Its always as if they have equipment no one else has.......

Live show at EP should silence the neh-sayers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

surely it can't be as bad as Push the button - really bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Wasn't impressed on the first few listens; not that the production values weren't sound or anything, just that it wasn't my thing. A lot of the songs on the album are like 'private psychedelic reel' off the last one - great when you're giving it loads in a crowd, but tracks that don't really stand up to listening at home (Burst Generator and a Modern Midnight Conversation for example).

That salmon tune will probably get reasonable coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Not great. Although I like 'Saturate' (Electronic Battle Weapon 8) a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Saturate is quality, it's the only track that I keep coming back to.
    The rest of the album is alright, not really up to the standard of push the button though...

Can't wait to see them at EP either, i've somehow managed to miss them every other time they've played over here... (which is quite a lot:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

plazzTT wrote:
    Not great. Although I like 'Saturate' (Electronic Battle Weapon 8) a lot.

Pity Battle Weapon 9 didnt make an appearance on the album, I liked it more than saturate, for some reason the riff in saturate reminds me of Good Life by Inner City....

• Advertisement
Advertisement