Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch recommendations - again

• 10-07-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for another watch, the last one i bought (and am very very happy with) is a revue thommen airspeed xl, swiss made, 25 jewel base calibre ETA 2836-2 movement, decorated and exposed movement, 41mm face, sapphire crystal, black leather strap.

All of the above for £500.

Im on the look out for something in a similar price range (less than 500 would be good) that will look good on a brown strap. Large round face, not too cluttered with a similar spec.

Anyone help me out, im more interested in quality than 'brand'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry copy of a post in a uk forum, it was 500 stg!

have been looking at stowa tho ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

£500 or 500euros? there's a pretty big gap there and £500 will be better and easier for us to give suggestions on getting a good quality piece.

Not saying that watches less than 500euros are bad but £500 should get you a quality watch.

My cousin has a raymond weil watch that's has a nice gold surround and white face with a black strap, have to say it looks rather nice. It's quite similar if not the same as this one

some of them stowa pieces as quite nice too.

Cremo wrote:
    £500 or 500euros? there's a pretty big gap there and £500 will be better and easier for us to give suggestions on getting a good quality piece.

Not saying that watches less than 500euros are bad but £500 should get you a quality watch.

My cousin has a raymond weil watch that's has a nice gold surround and white face with a black strap, have to say it looks rather nice. It's quite similar if not the same as this one

some of them stowa pieces as quite nice too.

looking for 40mm face minimum and its 500 stg as noted above :)

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cyrus wrote:
    looking for 40mm face minimum and its 500 stg as noted above :)

cheers
    ahh you replied as i was writing my reply, yes, i am that slow at replying :D

• Advertisement

i like the pilot style, more of a swiss/german made watch man myself, those hawian ones look a little cheap??

yeah not really my thing and having hawaii on the face doesnt scream quality! altho i am sure they are, silly notion i suppose :)

so any other suggestions!

im liking the stowa flieger at the moment

http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=31059&ls=e&nc=1184082691-31885&rubnum=flieger&artnum=fliegerohnelogo&file=&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--flieger

or if i had a spare body organ to sell

iwcbp.jpg

Advertisement