Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bouncers

Options
  • 10-07-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem with the bouncers of a certain late night pub on Dominic st? Don't want to mention any names for fear of reprisal:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

What, MCD own pubs now?? :D

No, I've never experienced problems with the bouncers of a certain late-night pub on Dominick St. A former housemate of mine did experience "problems" with the bouncers of a certain late-night pub on Dominick St. but he was a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

There is a difference between lads and girls having problems with bouncers. More cleavage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

There is one particular bouncer there- a little runt with a goatie who struts around the place like he owns it. He has a serious problem with women. I know of four different incidents where he has singled out women and treated them like s****e

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could you elaborate? Do they/he refuse entry, throw people out or just act the maggot? I have never had problems anywhere on Dom street, nor heard of any such stuff.
    Btw, the title kinda refers to all bouncers in Galway but you just mention one.

Manhandling a Spanish woman at the top of the stairs, knocking my mate's full pint all over him. He said cool it down and went and got another pint. about half an hour later he is tapped on shoulder and brought downstairs where he is surrounded by three bouncers who tell him they don't like being criticised. He showed them his beer covered shirt and told them what happened. No apologies were made and he was threatened
    Another incident was a friend of mine who sparked up a cigarette in doorway of smoking area on her way out to the terrace. she was grabbed by this bouncer and thrown out of the pub.
    Last week I went to go in and was refused entry at the door. I was dumbfounded and my mates tried to argue my case but he wasn't having it. While this was going on I watched this same bouncer stop a woman on her way out of the pub and searched her and her bag. Perplexing to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Nope but have had huge problems at one nightclub. What can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Pic please! You may be a suspicious looking character, we'll have to assess ;)

Only problem I've had down westside was with one guy in Massimos, serious attitude problem if you don't finish your drink and get the f*ck out as soon as he yells time please.
    Never had any problems in the "place that can't be named but is about the only pub down there with an upstairs...." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Go into the place during the day and ask to speak to management,state your case and tell how you feel this particular bouncer is out of line.Im sure management would like to know if their security are acting up.

If its who i think you are on about i think the guy has an inferiority complex due to his height so he has to take it out on someone:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Small-man Syndrome I think it's called.

A guy that bounces on the door of CP's has it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Pic please! You may be a suspicious looking character, we'll have to assess ;)

Only problem I've had down westside was with one guy in Massimos, serious attitude problem if you don't finish your drink and get the f*ck out as soon as he yells time please.
    Never had any problems in the "place that can't be named but is about the only pub down there with an upstairs...." :rolleyes:

I think it's important to point out that the place you are referring to is "The West" and not "Westside".

Two different places entirely.

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote:
    I think it's important to point out that the place you are referring to is "The West" and not "Westside".

Two different places entirely.

Yes its very important to point that out. My mistake! Wouldn't want a load of tourists wandering round Rahoon looking for the Roisin.... :D

I thought we were talking about Voldemort?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Did a male bouncer "grab" or "manhandle" a woman and throw her out, or did he tell her to get out? Big difference between the two.

If he did a stop and search, be it on the way in or the way out, he's taking a big risk; it's not allowed UNLESS it's a company policy.

And Biko; don't tar us all (bouncers) with the same brush; some of us do our best to be nice to drunken idiots who "know the law" and their "rights" wonder if we know who they are and tell us that we're beneath them.

I know the guy from Massimo's you're talking about, ass-wipe, not been there a while now! As for the club, not that one, the other one on that street but as they've the same bouncers could easily be the same guy!

Fey! wrote:
    And Biko; don't tar us all (bouncers) with the same brush; some of us do our best to be nice to drunken idiots who "know the law" and their "rights" wonder if we know who they are and tell us that we're beneath them.
    Where do you get the impression that I don't like bouncers from? I never had any issues with a door monkey :p In fact I have done door work myself, pretty thankless job.

Fey! wrote:
    Did a male bouncer "grab" or "manhandle" a woman and throw her out, or did he tell her to get out? Big difference between the two.
    absolutely definitely man-handled her

galwaybabe wrote:
    absolutely definitely man-handled her

In that case get on to his boss. If the guy continues on like that, then he's going to get the place in trouble, so his boss should care and do something about it.

@Biko; where did you have the misfortune of working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

galwaybabe wrote:
    Manhandling a Spanish woman at the top of the stairs, knocking my mate's full pint all over him. He said cool it down and went and got another pint. about half an hour later he is tapped on shoulder and brought downstairs where he is surrounded by three bouncers who tell him they don't like being criticised. He showed them his beer covered shirt and told them what happened. No apologies were made and he was threatened
    Another incident was a friend of mine who sparked up a cigarette in doorway of smoking area on her way out to the terrace. she was grabbed by this bouncer and thrown out of the pub.
    Last week I went to go in and was refused entry at the door. I was dumbfounded and my mates tried to argue my case but he wasn't having it. While this was going on I watched this same bouncer stop a woman on her way out of the pub and searched her and her bag. Perplexing to say the least

Searching a person is illegal without a Copper present. I'd go back and threated to sue.

Searching a person is illegal without a Copper present. I'd go back and threated to sue.
    I wrote to the owner and mentioned all the incidents. He claimed that security is"not an exact science" and that he could see no evidence of the woman being searched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

See if you can take a picture of the bouncer doing something like you've described, on a camera phone or other discrete gadget, and take it to the authorities.

• Advertisement

That's a silly comment from management..they would have the CCTV tapes if she was being searched. Ask to see them and bring a Garda.

The guards will never get involved in clubs, it's a private establishment. And tapes often go missing...strangely!

Again by law the tapes need to be stored securely for at least a month.
    Incase any incidents are reported during that time.

Muppetkiller; you need to review your legal learnings.

A: It's not illegal for a doorman to search without a Garda present. If a Garda is present, they will do the search themselves. It is illegal for a doorman to RANDOMLY search people; if it is done as part of club policy where every customer is searched, then it is legal. It is also illegal for a man to search a woman.

B: It is not a legal requirement that a premises holds it's video tapes for one month. In fact, it's not a legal requirement for a premises to even have a surveillance system. If a premises has cameras, they are not obliged to show them to the public, even if asked. The holding of tapes for one month is a security "best practice", and with digital recorders the time a recording is held can vary from 15 days to 60 days depending on the system in use.

Also bear in mind that a digital "still" picture (ie, photograph) is often not admissable as evidence in court.

BTW, Galwaybabe (OP); strange that your first posts on boards is giving out about an establishment which, although it isn't named, is easily recognised by your description.

Or am I being too much of a cynic?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've never had stress from any bouncer since I turned 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

was the syxpak as virile and beardy at 16 as we'd like to think?

Fey! wrote:
    BTW, Galwaybabe (OP); strange that your first posts on boards is giving out about an establishment which, although it isn't named, is easily recognised by your description.

Or am I being too much of a cynic?
    nothing strange in it at all Fey. thought it would be a good place to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience. I didn't wnat to name the establishment because I am not up on the whole legality of giving out about businesses is. Obviously it is easily recognisable, Galway is a small city.
    So yes, you are being too much of a cynic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

May I point out that the security tapes were examined? That's all I'm saying.

• Advertisement

Ah the other side of the story...

Gugai, any tickets floating around for the Mundy gig??? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement