Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running routes around Castlegregory

Options
  • 10-07-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Maybe I should put this in the Athletics forum but I thought this might be a better place for it.

I am going to Castlegregory for my annual hols soon :D

I know the area pretty well (been going there for years) but now that I am into running I will want to do some training there. Can anyone recommend any decent places to go for a run?

I know the roads are quite narrow there and drivers are nuts at the best of times (locals and tourists don't mix well together on the roads :o ) )

Last year I ran from the village to Stradbally and back (turn around at Tomasins), it was early in the morning so I was OK...but I did get the odd jump from the local dogs!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

How long do you want to run for? what kind of surface? I dont know anything about running but I can think of a few spots around there that might be nice!

Did you set off from the famous phonebox in Stradbally then hehe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

440Hz wrote:
    How long do you want to run for? what kind of surface? I dont know anything about running but I can think of a few spots around there that might be nice!

Did you set off from the famous phonebox in Stradbally then hehe ;)

I would want anything up to 10 miles but a 5 mile in/out from castlegregory would be grand.

Road running but I would do some on the beach also as long as the sand was hard...Fermoyle Strand is ideal I suppose.

I actually ran out of Castlegregory, turned off for Stradbally strand and ran along the tiny narrow road near the beach parallell to the main road until I ended up joining the main road at Stradbally again and turned left at the famous phone box and headed back into Castle from the main road. It was nice and sunny..but I doubt it will be sunny this time based on the summer we've been having :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

How about a run up and around glentenassig?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

CinderKone wrote: »
    How about a run up and around glentenassig?

This thread is from 2007! Please don’t post in Zombie threads! Mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement