Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grey 360?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Lighting, if they were to make it another colour other than white or black they certainly wouldnt make it grey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd say it's more than just the lighting as the hard drive on each of the machines apart from the Elite all look the same colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a65099/microsoft-to-launch-cheaper-xbox-360.html?rss
    Xbox 360 manufacturer Microsoft is hard at work developing a new version of its next-generation games console, according to a report by Mercury News.

Codenamed "Falcon", the new machine will feature smaller microprocessors and graphics chips than the Xbox 360 resulting in lower production costs.

The updated console will also feature an increase in reliability as Microsoft is keen to iron out the problems that has plagued the current Xbox 360.

"We have a bunch of different projects that cost reduce and improve quality as you find issues, as does our competition,” said Peter Moore, head of games at Microsoft. "Once you get millions in the field, you learn about the box under all kinds of different circumstances, you can adjust and tweak what you do accordingly."

The Xbox 360 "Falcon" is expected to be released this autumn.

wonder whether the Falcon will be grey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Already have a 360, so getting worked up about these things is like Bullseye: "Let's have a look at what you could have won"...

Besides, if it was something new ... what do you reckon the odds are of us in Europe getting it any time soon?
    Call me cynical, but can anyone say "Elite" or "Video Marketplace" ...? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well Microsoft has said we will be getting the Video Marketplace and we may get the Elite yet. It may be annouced at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

wonder whether the Falcon will be grey?
    The flacon is a new chipset, they won't be creating a new SKU just replacing all the chips in the other SKUs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I think it looks good. Strange choice of colour though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

well the possibilities are

1. Bad Light
    2. Dev-kit to show WIP games
    3. a new type of box; core, pro, elite, ???
    4. A custom faceplate
    5. IPTV XBOX

A new Xbox for IPTV? I doubt it.

ye i know, but i was thinkin like a non-elite wit the bigger HDD or sumtin.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote:
    ye i know, but i was thinkin like a non-elite wit the bigger HDD or sumtin.
    Or mabe it could be a Xbox with built in HD DVD player and Wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

it looks as if there is a shadow over it,that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

i was thinkni that, especially as in the bigger picture there seems to be big great boxs of some sort around it, but theorange light around it dont illuminate it to athe same colour as the other 360s

But there are 4 360s there: Premium, Core, Elite, New one?????

the two white ones are both premiums though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Lads, that is definitely a grey Xbox, its not a trick of the light. The only reason white will turn grey in a photograph is because of White Balance, and if that was the case they would all be grey. They are all seperately spotlit aswell, a pro lighting outfit would not have it resting in shadows ....

Stephen! wrote:
    the two white ones are both premiums though
    That could be a Core with a hard drive?

Dman001 wrote:
    That could be a Core with a hard drive?
    Actually never mind. They all have chrome disc trays and the Core doesn't have a chrome disc tray. There is talk that the 360 will get a price cut. Mabe they are getting rid of the Core and cutting the price from the Premium and Elite.

the most likely thing is that its a dev box, capable of playing copied discs to demo some WIP games burnt to a DVDR.

or maybe its just a new colour like the ps2 has. maybe its not grey and its more silver, but it doesnt come through the photo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's the lighting for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Some kind of Halo 3 special edition? It looks grey to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

^ spot on GStormcrow, tis a Halo special edition box - spartan green

Looked olive green to me on microsofts conference.

Check out the Halo song at the start of the vid.http://www.xbox-scene.com/e3-2007-video.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I object to this pointless endeavour!

Pardon me whilst I explode into a fit of not caring. :p

Advertisement