Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baskin Shark in Net

Options
  • 10-07-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

What about the poor auld basking shark found in the net in cork? Terrible people still cause this damage for no reason apart from greed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭dranoel

Was saddened to see the pictures but was it definitely caused by illegal fishing?
    Regular fishermen don't think anything of throwing away ropes/nets into the giant dump they call the sea. Walk any beach and you'll come across their waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Is it me or am I wrong in thinking that these kinda things should annoy people. Are people that material these days that a topic like this only justifies 1 reply. I think modernisation must have destroyed our last links to our natural surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, you could have posted a link to the story or at least explained in more detail what had happened so that we could judge for ourselves who, if anyone, was at fault. I, personally, had not heard anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Alun wrote:
    Well, you could have posted a link to the story or at least explained in more detail what had happened .
    The story was in both the indo and the times and on Rte six 1 and the nine o'clock news as well as the late news last night and on radio, what more do you need. !

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

dodgyme wrote:
    what more do you need. !

Hmmm...a link? :p

Seriously, if nobody adds links to their posts then we all suffer. I keep an eye on RTE websites among others and didn't hear about it either. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Thanks angel2. Sad all right, would love to see one of them. By the way, Irish Whale and Dolphin group website is worth checking out... http://www.iwdg.ie/. Did one of their courses last year (http://www.iwdg.ie/content.asp?id=17) and although we saw no whales I had a great time. Cape Clear is a beautiful part of the world, but don't tell anyone :)

Advertisement