Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change counting machine in dublin city centre?

Options
  • 10-07-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Odd question maybe but i've collected up all my change,i'd rather not go into a bank teller with it. Are there any machines were you can just dump say 20 euros worth of 10 cents and it will give you out it in notes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

sorry! didn't even know there was a dublin city forum

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Brooklyn74

I think I've seen a sign for that sort of thing at the Fresh supermarket in Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

My local Tesco used to have one at the customer service desk. Not sure if it's still there but I'm sure if one Tesco has it they all would. Think it charges three per cent commission but a handy little gizmo all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote:
    My local Tesco used to have one at the customer service desk. Not sure if it's still there but I'm sure if one Tesco has it they all would. Think it charges three per cent commission but a handy little gizmo all the same.

Never thought I'd quote myself. As soon as I hit submit I realised it only gives you a Tesco voucher back rather than cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

If you have a Bank of Ireland account, their main branch opposite Trinity at the the old House of Lords, has a change counting machine that then gives you a slip with the total on it which you can lodge into your account.

I found this particularly handy when I was working in a bar and wanted to lodge my tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

If you have a Bank of Ireland account, their main branch opposite Trinity at the the old House of Lords, has a change counting machine that then gives you a slip with the total on it which you can lodge into your account.

I found this particularly handy when I was working in a bar and wanted to lodge my tips.

Where exactly in the building is it? I was in there on Monday and had to go downstairs to Chancery to lodge all my coins. Mind you I had over €300 in coin all neatly bagged up. :) But this new info will be handy for future reference. Do they charge a commission?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

There's a shop on Aston Quay (small supermarket type) that has one. I can't remember the name, but it's quite close to O'Connell bridge. I think there's a sign for the machine on the outside of the shop also. I'm not sure if a comission is charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Might not be central enough but there is one in the Centra on Cork St

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

cast_iron wrote:
    There's a shop on Aston Quay (small supermarket type) that has one. I can't remember the name, but it's quite close to O'Connell bridge. I think there's a sign for the machine on the outside of the shop also. I'm not sure if a comission is charged.

It's a SuperValu and IIRC the commission is 7%! And it was broken within days of arriving.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

BendiBus wrote:
    Where exactly in the building is it? I was in there on Monday and had to go downstairs to Chancery to lodge all my coins. Mind you I had over €300 in coin all neatly bagged up. :) But this new info will be handy for future reference. Do they charge a commission?
    It used to move between the two halls on either side of the main bank area, where they have the ATMs and so on. I've not been in there in awhile though so maybe it's moved

It was a big square contraption that had a large hole in the top and you just tipped your coins in the through the hole and they rumbled along a conveyor belt like contraption, then a slip of paper came out with the total on it, which you lodged as a express lodgement in the usual way.

There never seemed to be any commission taken off as I had usually done a quick count up of it before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

the Centra shop at the triangle in Ranelagh had one of those machines in about a month ago, haven't really been in it since but presume it's still there

and it was about 10% commission too, prints a receipt which I think you claim at the shop counter or something

Advertisement