Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ADD up to 20 BHP To Any Car for 2 euro is this true

Options
  • 10-07-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Are thet talking a load of crap or does it really work if so would it damage your car?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/FIAT-BRAVO-PUNTO-CAR-MOD-CHIP-ADD-20BHP-TO-YOUR-CAR_W0QQitemZ180136914840QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ADD up to 20 BHP To Any Car

Please read ALL of the description before buying

"UNLEASH" THE POWER OF YOUR BASIC ENGINE!

100% SAFE, 100% LEGAL!!

Special Limited time offer -
    Buy 1 get 1 FREE!!!

We have sold over 4500+ of these chips - Check out our feedback for a great piece of mind

For only £1.39 (Price includes P+P)

Whats the difference between our chips and the other chips for sale on eBay - well the answers simple - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS DIFFERENT with the chips. The best thing is, its at a fraction of the price!!!

This performance chip will fit the following FIATS
    Punto - all engine sizes
    Bravo - all engine sizes
    Brava - all engine sizes
    Uno - all engine sizes
    Seicento - all engine sizes
    Tempra - all engine sizes
    Croma - all engine sizes
    Coupe - all engine sizes
    Barachette - all engine sizes

It doesnt matter whether your car is an ultra modded car thats tuned up, or a completely standard one, you can definitely benefit from this mod. Your car will feel faster and more torquey all round. Giving you more confidence in your driving.

Add up to 20BHP instantly Ever seen those ads for ECU chips to add BHP to your engine? Ever wondered if there was a cheaper option? Well now there is! Why pay £400+ when our product does the same for far less £££ This product can be fitted in just 4-5 minutes and requires NO TOOLS AND NO SOLDERING. This is an easy to fit resistor that goes on in just minutes and is fully reversible and you dont even need to be a mechanic

IGNITION ADVANCE COMPONENTS ADD "5-20+BHP" EASILY AND SAFELY!!!!

Full Instructions included.

Can be easily removed for warranty repairs!

Fully Street Legal!

Not suitable for diesel and turbo charged cars

You will get a mod that will modify your AIR/Fuel ratio and slightly change your engine timing to run stronger and with increased power.

The winning bidder will recieve 2 x Mods with easy to follow instructions.

Please note: The chips sent are actually resistors

This do-it-yourself kit requires no knowledge of cars and is extremely easy to install. Average time less than 5 mins.

FAQ's:

Q.What is an ECU ?
    A. The ECU is your cars computer program, which basicaly manages your engine. It takes all the information from the sensors around the car and responds to it accordingly, adjucting the fuel injected or the timing curves.

Q. Will this fit on my particular Car model ?
    A. If your car Is equipped with fuel injection, then it will. 99% of all cars made after 1988 are equipped with fuel injection, so its bound to work.

Q. Will my car accelerate faster after this device has been fitted?
    A. Yes, thats what its meant to do. See the chart below

Q. Will it damage my car?
    A. No, It works with your car, and increases power in proportion to what your car is capable of. In other words it alters with your car specifications.

Q. Is it easy to install?
    A. It should take 5 minutes to install, Instructions are included on where to fit this chip.

Q. Will it alter Fuel consumption?
    A. Tests have shown fuel consumption has been reduced in most cases - So you get more MPG and more BHP!!

Q. My car is a turbo, will this work?
    A. Appartently it doesnt work as well.

Q. Does it work on diesel cars?
    A. No

Q. Does it work on cars with carbs?
    A. No

The easiest and cheapest form of engine modification.
    What do you have to loose?

Payment

Paypal only - No extra cost to use

Postage and Packinging

Charges
    UK only - 40p Standard delivery - Please choose 'Standard Delivery'
    UK only - £1.10 Recorded Delivery - Please choose 'Recorded Delivery'
    Worldwide - £1.00 - Please choose 'Other Courier'

P+P is 40p and will be sent within 48 hours of full payment. We do not aim to make a profit out of postage! We do not accept responsibility for goods lost/damaged in the post. If you would prefer, goods can be sent by Recorded Delivery. Please choose the £1.10 for P+P. These need to be signed for, so the goods can be tracked. UK only.
    Worldwide delivery is also avaliable.

Feedback

If you are not happy with something, before leaving ANY neutral or negative, you MUST contact me first to sort the problem out. I dont want any bad feedback, and you wouldn't want it either.

Please do not mail asking for the price to be reduced.

The final price is the auction price plus P+P fee

The important part to read
    This modification is used at your own risk, it should not harm your car in any way, it just lies to the computer and makes your car run slightly further advanced with a different mixture and you will get more benefit when the car is warm. I will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage caused by this modification and should you feel unsure about it, or find any adverse effects after fitting, you should remove it immediately and reconnect the original sensor. By fitting this resister, you are agreeing that I have no responsibility for any adverse consequences that occur, whether they are electrical, mechanical for any other nature.

Pay instantly with your debit or credit card through PayPal.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

In a word, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's what's known in the trade as a load of arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes, it works !

The 2 Euro less you're carrying in your pocket result in a significant weight saving, and as acceleration is a = m * F (- cw squared / Pi) your engine feels about 20 % more powerful ..buy two and you get 38 % (2% are lost as the speed can't rise in a true vectorial curve as friction causes more losses the faster you go)

But ..yeah .. it works !

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I have a bridge to sell you if you're interested.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

blastman wrote:
    I have a bridge to sell you if you're interested.....

a what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A very nice bridge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Handbuilt by craftsmen. I have to sell it soon, though. I need the money for my old mother's operation, you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Are you an eskimo ? I have some Ice you definitely need as well.....

The blurb about the power boosting....it's as true as any other lie you ever heard. It can make a small change but usually to how often you fill your tank, any improvements in performance is usually due to the fact that you can't keep petrol in your car and save on weight, giving a boost in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

pop down to maplin, buy a couple of resistors. stick em in ur ecu then drive to mcdonalds and spend the change on the eurosaver menu :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Vain, I think you'll be needing this thread

Maybe a mod could merge it ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

On a recent trip to the Ferrari F1 development factory I noticed several boxes of them! Coincidentally they were supplied by mattywall - the same seller as the OPs ebay link. Im surprised thay haven't left him any feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot believe some people are still being fooled by this scam. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Well, in certain circumstances it can increase power slightly. The resistors make the ECU think the engine is colder than it really is and therefore fuels it more and/or makes other adjustments akin to the old "pulling out the choke" Whether this is even noticeable, I don't know, but I'm not shelling out £2.40 and 5 minutes if my time to find out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

dont risk it, it'l destroy your car. all those cheap go-fast parts are the same - rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, it may make the engine think its cold, and to chuck in more fuel. What I'm really puzzled about is how they can claim their resistor changes the ignition timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I can't believe people still fall for this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Wow this really works:rolleyes:

http://www.turbonator.com/

Advertisement