Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "dole" Social welfare

Options
  • 10-07-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any information about the dole in galway, any information would be much appreciated.....

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The office is on Augustine street, on the way to the library. That's all I know sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Click here for free money ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

People in Galway on the dole? Surely not :D
    Just ask any of the hippies walkin round the place!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Out of hours satellite office operating outside of Tigh Neachtain most nights of the week. *HONK*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Robbo wrote:
    Out of hours satellite office operating outside of Tigh Neachtain most nights of the week. *HONK*

So true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Yep them and the rain are the only downsides to Galway, maybe since Furry has gone someone will clean them out.

bryanjf wrote:
    Anyone have any information about the dole in galway, any information would be much appreciated.....

thanks

Get a job, you hippie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Get a job, you hippie.
    Dito !!!
    The last thing we need is more attention seeking muppets in the spanish arch juggling,drumming,pi$$ing and jumping up an down on suit cases ? and then there's Uni-cycles..what is wrong with those people ?

One more thing to rant about ...the idiot on the bike hopping from stairs to footpath etc.. go home you loser !!! nobody wants to look at you and your stupid bike !

Get jobs !!!! I had hoped all this rain would wash you out to sea but no such luck :D

The juggling takes some practice but the drum beating should be banned.
    Who said that all lozers should congregate in Galway, I know it's the end of europe but ja$us. Someone is adertising it as a mecca for rich foreigners who have a wardrobe full of old durty curtains. Then the arts students have to join in of course.

Down with the hippies who will organise the workers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

oh no, the last thing we need is more hippy drum circles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"I Was A Mid-Twenties Dole Fiend"

- The shocking story of one man's year on the dole in Galway and how he didn't juggle, didn't play drums and did wash himself regularly.

- I know it's hard to believe but such a freak of nature exists and I am he!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

"I Was A Mid-Twenties Dole Fiend"

- The shocking story of one man's year on the dole in Galway and how he didn't juggle, didn't play drums and did wash himself regularly.

- I know it's hard to believe but such a freak of nature exists and I am he!

my god is this someone who isn't a stereotypical hypocrite??

thanks jeff atleast someone knows how i feel!

Explain stereotypical hypocrite ?
    I've never been on the dole ...I never wanted to be a bum of the state.

What's your excuse ?

Dito !!!
    The last thing we need is more attention seeking muppets in the spanish arch juggling,drumming,pi$$ing and jumping up an down on suit cases ? and then there's Uni-cycles..what is wrong with those people ?

One more thing to rant about ...the idiot on the bike hopping from stairs to footpath etc.. go home you loser !!! nobody wants to look at you and your stupid bike !

Get jobs !!!! I had hoped all this rain would wash you out to sea but no such luck :D

so because i am looking for information on the dole i am classed as the above??

Yeah sure sounds like it, there's sh1t loads of jobs out there, how do you think the Polskis aren't getting on, you wouldn't see one of them boys throwing sticks in the air down at the arch.
    I'm no hypocrite either, never took a cent off the state.

information was all i wanted so thanks not arguments with small minded people with silver spoons in their mouths so thanks for the info

bye:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was on the dole 6 months when I was 18, had to get my tax back somehow ;)

bryanjf wrote:
    information was all i wanted so thanks not arguments with small minded people with silver spoons in their mouths so thanks for the info

bye:D

Haha that has to go down as the most retarded post on boards in years.
    People who work for a living have silver spoons in there mouths lol ?
    :rolleyes:

Dito !!!

winner of the most idiotic post

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

bryanjf wrote:

ah in fairness bryan, what makes you think the dole in galway is different to the dole anywhere else?

http://www.welfare.ie/

you need to chill out a bit man.

• Advertisement

bryanjf wrote:
    Great comeback tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Does one just apply for the dole & get it straight away? I've always wondered that. Would never apply myself but seems a bit too simple unless I just don't understand it? Do you have to wait awhile or does it just happen automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Explain stereotypical hypocrite ?
    I've never been on the dole ...I never wanted to be a bum of the state.

What's your excuse ?

Chill lads, he only wanted info on the dole, not insults. I've never needed the dole myself, have worked since I was 17, but I'm bloody glad to know that if, God forbid, I did lose my job, all the PRSI I've paid over the years would entitle me to something to help tide me over til I got a new job. Its not like anyone on the dole is living in luxury...
    I don't mind people who genuinely need a dig out between jobs getting the dole, they will pay enough PRSI over their lifetime to earn it, its the scroungers who claim dole for years on end I have a problem with. The OP gave no indication he was someone like that, so get off his case :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Chill lads, he only wanted info on the dole, not insults. I've never needed the dole myself, have worked since I was 17, but I'm bloody glad to know that if, God forbid, I did lose my job, all the PRSI I've paid over the years would entitle me to something to help tide me over til I got a new job. Its not like anyone on the dole is living in luxury...
    I don't mind people who genuinely need a dig out between jobs getting the dole, they will pay enough PRSI over their lifetime to earn it, its the scroungers who claim dole for years on end I have a problem with. The OP gave no indication he was someone like that, so get off his case :rolleyes:

QFT.

Any of ye know the answer to my question?

As far as i know you have to go into Augustine Street and apply there and if you are stuck for money while it is being processed you have to pay a visit to your local community officer out in Westside.

How long does it usually take though? Are we talking a week? A month? Two months? Or does it vary on the time of year/the person?

How long does it usually take though? Are we talking a week? A month? Two months? Or does it vary on the time of year/the person?

Id say a week or two at the most, i couldnt imagine someone having to wait longer if they were left redundant and had no income.Why dont you just go over to the social welfare section or the site where im sure all your questions will be answered properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There's a forum on State Benefits here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Advertisement

I won't go in cos I'd only be wasting their time and it's not me that wants to know! Thanks!

Advertisement