Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "dole" Social welfare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

If its your first claim it will take up to six weeks you will be back dated back to the date you signed on.any claims after that will only take about 1-2 weeks
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Chill lads, he only wanted info on the dole, not insults. I've never needed the dole myself, have worked since I was 17, but I'm bloody glad to know that if, God forbid, I did lose my job, all the PRSI I've paid over the years would entitle me to something to help tide me over til I got a new job. Its not like anyone on the dole is living in luxury...
    I don't mind people who genuinely need a dig out between jobs getting the dole, they will pay enough PRSI over their lifetime to earn it, its the scroungers who claim dole for years on end I have a problem with. The OP gave no indication he was someone like that, so get off his case :rolleyes:

cheers buddy appreciate it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Theres a place called the galway center for the unemployed across from the guards in mill street on your way to nun's island. It's on the left and has an old shop front called garavans or something. Drop in there and run through your application with them and they'll get you sorted. Also should it come to appeal stage, they'll also sort you. But expect a long wait to get it and make sure to cover your paperwork.

It's a bit ****ed up to be honest. Even if your a genuine case, but state the wrong thing on your application you can be refused. Whereas all the none genuine case's get it simply by knowing how to play the system and letting them hear what they want to hear.

If only looking like a krusty were grounds for refusal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

moder fluckers, the dole is upto 185 euro per week now I see, how much do they get for the rent-allowence too?
    Works out at more than 16,000 per annum, that's way too much, no wonder their twirling things around down at the arch and having a great time.

What's the point in working, fools were are fools.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Agreed. I don't agree with it in principle at all, one should have to do something to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Does one just apply for the dole & get it straight away? I've always wondered that. Would never apply myself but seems a bit too simple unless I just don't understand it? Do you have to wait awhile or does it just happen automatically?

from what I remember it takes a while to go through, but you can go to the welfare officer (i think that is their title, where the single mums go to get their money for prams & so on) & get emergancy dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ray900

Depending on how well-staffed/busy a Social Welfare office is, it can take anything up to two months to receive a first payment. It's pretty nice when you've already found a new job by the time the cash comes through though.

Tbh, I'm surprised at the number of right-wing, holier-than-thou, ignorant, snobbish and judgemental pricks on this thread.

Advertisement