Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reckon my turbo is at fault?

Options
  • 10-07-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Ill keep this post short and snappy.

Today I was driving my 206 1.4 HDi towards howth, going at 60kmh in 4th gear when suddenly the acceleration went more spongier to keep up the speed. So I turned down the radio to 0 and geared down to 3rd only to hear a slight moan from the engine. Like a cat fight moan.

Having pulled over I left the car in neutral and revved it a bit to find that the moaning was with the acceleration but was somewhat slower in stopping when the revs went back to 700ish.

I just have a feeling now that the turbo is the cause here as I just have no power in any gears at all and I still get the increasing siren moan when accelerating.

I checked the turbo on the air intake and it is spinning. Ill just have to see what the mechanic says tomorrow.

Advertisement