Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gas boiler

Options
  • 10-07-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

my gas boiler has given up the ghost i got a plumber out friend of a friend he said to supply and fit new gas boiler with flu kit 1600 euro. The make of boiler he is recomminding is baxi my wife thinks this a bit on the dear side i have rang other plumbers but to busy or want a call out charge, just wondering has anyone had a similar experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

My sister has one of these and they are supposed to be good. Is it a condensor gas boiler? She paid 2200 for supply and fitting of a condensor boiler.

The reason I know this is that I'll be looking to buy one myself when my own one packs in. We got ours serviced today and the guy said that you can't buy parts anymore. It's over 15 years old. It's been working fine for the past seven years , since we moved into the house.

Is a condensor boiler worth the extra?? I hear they are more difficult to repair and maintain and produce a lot of steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Consdensing boilers are better for the envoirnment ,you wont notice savings for about four years though. Because the condensing boiler is more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

ryker wrote:
    my gas boiler has given up the ghost i got a plumber out friend of a friend he said to supply and fit new gas boiler with flu kit 1600 euro. The make of boiler he is recomminding is baxi my wife thinks this a bit on the dear side i have rang other plumbers but to busy or want a call out charge, just wondering has anyone had a similar experience

Sounds cheap to me - I'd have thought it would be €2k plus. But i'm pricing for a Condenser boiler. I think the efficiency is 10% higher

Advertisement