Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Writing courses/groups in Tipperary

Options
  • 10-07-2007 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I know this is a long shot, and I've posted it in the Creative Writing forum too, but I think it applies in both.

I've been living in Dublin for 4 years now, but I'm moving home to Tipperary for the foreseeable future at the end of August. I know very few people there any more, and would really like to continue with creative writing. I've been involved with an informal creative writing group in Dublin.

Does anyone know of any creative writing groups in Tipperary (Tipperary Town area, or one of the villages nearby - Cappawhite, Dundrum etc.) or would there be any interest in one if I was to look into setting one up?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Wilson

Check out this weekend creative writing course ...

"Write Now" at Tigh Roy, Galbally, Co Tipperary, 31 July - 2 August

- two daily writing sessions
    - techniques to start writing or develop work in progress
    - opportunity to have writing done in workshop read/discussed
    - open mic' session for those who wish toshare work already written

beautiful surroundings, food and walks

open to anyone with a desire to write, from beginners to experienced writers. Check out: www.anneaylor.co.uk
    or email: admin@anneaylor.co.uk
    or call: 44 (0)20 7263 0669

Check out:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mawie

Slieveardagh Culture – Creative Writing Weekend

Dates: February 20th & Sunday 2010
    Time: 11am to 4pm
    Theme:Winter into Spring
    The challenge of pinning nature on a page. Writing the transitions of the seasons and of the human in the natural world.
    Cost: 70 euros
    Bookings to: Maura Barrett 052 91 56165/[URL="callto:+1085 1169650"]085 1169650[/URL]

This Creative Writing Weekend follows the tradition set up in 2009 of Creative Writing Residential Workshops launched last year at the Kickham Weekend

Slieveardagh Rural Development promotes cultural and heritage initiatives in the Slieveardagh region of Tipperary. Slieveardagh Rural Development (www.slieveardagh.com) in conjunction with Croc an Oir, Ballycullen, Mullinahone, Co Tipperary (www.crocanoir.com) are pleased to announce the first of their Creative Writing Weekends for 2010. The weekend is facilitated by John Mac Kenna, one of Ireland’s foremost authors. (www.irishwriters-online.com/johnmackenna.html)
    He is the author of several novels, "Clare", "The Last Fine Summer"; "A Haunted Heart" and "The Space Between Us"; three collections of short stories, "The Fallen"; "A Year of Our Lives" and "The River Field."; a volume of poetry and a biography of Ernest Shackleton; his memoir, "Things You Should Know" (October 2006), and his story cycle titled "The River Field" (autumn 2007, both published by New Island Books) won considerable critical acclaim. His last novel published in 2009 is called ‘The space between us’ John also tutors on the Creative Writers for Publication Course offered by NUI Maynooth.

Participants can participate each day between 11am and 4pm or they can say in this exceptional quality accommodation if they so wish. Croc an Oir is a 100year old historic farmhouse in a walled courtyard beside the river Anner at the foot of Sliabh na Man. It is situated only a 25 minute drive from Cashel, Kilkenny and Clonmel. Enjoy woodland and river bank walks, 5 a side soccer pitch, table tennis, badminton and pool.

Cost of weekend is €70 and includes lunch and tea or coffee on both days. Accommodation is charged extra and participants are asked to contact John or Monika Birmingham directly if they wish to stay on +353 (0) 52 91 53117

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Hi.

I know this is a long shot, and I've posted it in the Creative Writing forum too, but I think it applies in both.

I've been living in Dublin for 4 years now, but I'm moving home to Tipperary for the foreseeable future at the end of August. I know very few people there any more, and would really like to continue with creative writing. I've been involved with an informal creative writing group in Dublin.

Does anyone know of any creative writing groups in Tipperary (Tipperary Town area, or one of the villages nearby - Cappawhite, Dundrum etc.) or would there be any interest in one if I was to look into setting one up?

Thanks a million!

Advertisement