Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wexford to templemore and visa versa?

Options
  • 10-07-2007 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hello people , i was just wondering if anyone possibly knows a good route from templemore to wexford or vice versa, travelling by car and public transport etc. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I don't drive, so I'm just going by experience as a public transport user. I'd imagine a bus from Wexford to Waterford would be your first step, then a bus to Cahir, and from Cahir a bus to Templemore. Alternatively, a bus from Wexford to Waterford, then a train to either Limerick Junction, Thurles or Kildare, and from there a train to Templemore.

There's no real direct route on public transport. If you have access to a car on both ends, I'd get dropped to Waterford, if possible, take the train to Limerick Junction, get the connecting train to Thurles/Portlaoise/Kildare and get a connecting train. If you're going to Thurles you could always get collected from there, as Templemore isn't that far from Thurles. The bus route (I checked it out online) means an entire day of travelling - either arriving in Templemore around 20 past 4 having left Wexford around half 8 in the morning, or 10 to 6 having left before half 1, iirc. With the train, it'll probably cost more, but the journey will only take 3-4 hours and will be much more comfortable.

All of the information is available on www.cie.ie - you can choose the trains, Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann in the corner on the upper left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I often go to Carnew in Wexford from Thurles. This is the route, Thurles, Kilkenny, Carlow town, Bunclody, Carnew. It takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to do the journey. You might get caught up in traffic in Carlow Town and Kilkenny otherwise it is a good route.
    Regards.
    Tom in Holycross.

Advertisement