Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help Audio!!

• 10-07-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭

Can anybody help?

My pc seems to be sick...the audio DRIBBLES out of the speakers, sounds as though it is turned down and I've tried everything. It's plugged in fine, nothing has changed but maybe my brother did something i can't see, maybe it's the drivers? I have troubleshooted with dell and to no fix.

Any help would be greatly app'd
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Double click the speaker icon beside your clock in the taskbar. Make sure that the WAVE and CD volumes are set to full. I know it sounds stupid but you'd be surprised how many people forget those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

yep they are on full blast, maybe it's something to do with drivers, i heard they can go bad and in turn **** up certain programs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

- Have you tried a different set of speakers/headphones etc?

- Are all audio applications causing the same problem? Try playing an MP3, a CD, a game, a YouTube video etc.

- Go to Control Panel -> System and then Hardware and Device Manager - are any of the icons related to your audio hardware appearing with yellow or red warnings? This is also where you can reinstall/roll back your audio drivers if necessary. What model soundcard do you have, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've a strange ol' problem myself with .wav files. They play at 200% slow speed so everything sounds like a turntable running on crap batteries. It's obviously a codec problem which all my woes came from a mega codec pack (it's screwed up certain games and windows explorer) I just couldn't be arse fixing it.

Anywho, as for your problem. My friend had a similiar problem with his 2.1 system. Sound was really strange and low and we couldn't figure out what was going on. I asked the stupid question: "Are you sure it's plugged into the correct socket in the back?", my friend laughed obviously but I took a look anyways. Turns out it was put into the wrong jack, the surround jack, which is also a green colour (same as the proper socket).

Anywho, are you 100% sure it's in the right socket? Sorry, you just have to ask these questions before going onto the big ones. Cuz if everything else is turned up in volume control (Master, Wave, etc) then the socket is the only thing I can think of. If your speakers were broken or a codec was installed then you shouldn't get any sound at all!

cornbb wrote:

- Are all audio applications causing the same problem? Try playing an MP3, a CD, a game, a YouTube video etc.

- Go to Control Panel -> System and then Hardware and Device Manager - are any of the icons related to your audio hardware appearing with yellow or red warnings? This is also where you can reinstall/roll back your audio drivers if necessary. What model soundcard do you have, out of interest?

Actually, when I went into device manager there was a yellow exclamation mark next to something(cant remember) now I uninstalled it, it aint any worse tho....It's recking my head!!

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote:

meant to say my soundcard is "soundMAX intergrated digital audio"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

u prob deleted the driver you now have to go get the new driver for ur soundcard online somewhere and then reinstall it

u prob deleted the driver you now have to go get the new driver for ur soundcard online somewhere and then reinstall it

I tried downloading new drivers but it keeps saying " you have removed or deleted this drive, restart then run application again" - what a piece of **** soundcard

I've tried re-installing xp again but it keeps saying the version on the comp is newer than the cd copy I have!!

my head is fooking scrambled,

any replies to help are greatly app'd
    Joe

still no joy....argh!!!

Advertisement