Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

git 3 BB....now my line passes!

Options
  • 10-07-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

so i got the 3 data modem cos it was the best i could get at the time, now my line passes (according to the eircom an perlico sites) after always failing. Its just after my 2wk trial so i'm stuck with isdn 3 speeds (cos of 3g coverage).....you can guess how happy i am.

any way out of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It's only €19.99 a month, and we're lucky in this country to only have 12 month mobile contracts. In most countries, you'd be stuck with it for 24 months.

Consider buying a laptop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Im in the same boat as your self. My line now passes but i dont mind as the other poster said its only 20euros a month for 12months. And at the moment im getting a good connection. My brother has also offered to take it off me for the rest of the contract if i get eircom BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

As soon as 3 broadband went online, my father got a note in the door saying Ice Broadband was available in our area. I told him not to bother since its more expensive and because of all the bad reports of Ice on this site.

We are getting good 3 speeds and coverage and I think its because we are in such a rural area that nobody else is using it as there is a GBS wireless operator in the area that most people are probably with but we don't have LOS to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's pretty unlucky. Though you are only able to get a 1 mbit package if your line is classed as "may be suitable". Whereas you have the chance of faster speeds with 3. Are your speeds okay with 3 at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm in the same predicament.

My 3 connection is so bad now that I don't think it will be an issue if I break the contract.

I've had a call in to tech support for a week now - no updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

my three speeds would be classed as bad....no signal bars and i connect at about isdn speeds, fine for surfing but thats about it. i stuck with it cos it was better than dial up. i'd happily take 1mbit if i could!

Advertisement