Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800gts in sli or gtx?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

SLI GTS would probably be faster in some benchmarks but not by a whole in others as you can see here, the GTX really pulls away from the GTS when under pressure at high resolutions, AA,AF.

If you go with the GTS SLI it will be faster than the GTX in some games with a higher minimum frame rate but no better in others and your paying €150 more for that so your call really.

If you are not going above 1600x1200 or 1680x1050 then the GTS SLI is a waste just get a single 8800GTX instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

8800GTS is a good upgrade path, but I wouldn't do it right away when buying new. I'd go with a GTX and then in the future if you so wish you have the option of going SLI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I agree. 1 8800gtx is the way to go. Then when the price drops and games become more demanding get anothert and go sli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anti wrote:
    I agree. 1 8800gtx is the way to go. Then when the price drops and games become more demanding get anothert and go sli.

yea thats my plan anyway, hoping them to come down to about 400 - 500 by christmas.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

DeafVision wrote:
    yea thats my plan anyway, hoping them to come down to about 400 - 500 by christmas.
    By Christmas we'll have G90 so yeah they'll come down a fair bit then I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Buy an xbox. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭pedroj

well was thinkin of goin for this and maybe gettin second 1 closer 2 xmas once prices are down and can go sli:

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V6hqXqI2q-KxF/1/articledetail.jsp?aid=8599&agid=554

wat you guys think?? not a serious gamer but want somethin do me 4 a while and pretty 2 look at :rolleyes: or would single ati 2900xt b better due 2 price etc?

Advertisement