Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop Error

• 10-07-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I was playing counter strike today and my Pc restarted and I saw the BSoD for a split second. Thank Jesus the pc still restarted, and I sent an error report.
    It said the problem was a stop error and a device driver was the problem.

Could someone please explain the above? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Do you know the code went along with the stop error? Could be a number of things. Faulty RAM could be an issue perhaps. You can test it with memtest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Is memtest a windows app or something to download?
    Also I didnt think of getting the error code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

With as little information as we have it might be a graphics card issue. That's usually the case when there's a restart during gaming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Qwertyboy wrote:
    Is memtest a windows app or something to download?
    Also I didnt think of getting the error code

You can create a bootable CD or floppy and run it at bootup. As mentioned as well, could be a graphics card issue, perhaps overheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Yep prob is a graphics error, but i've been playin CSs for about a month now and its the first time it happened. I wasnt on any new maps or anything....

Ps thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement