Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we merge with Kilkenny City

• 10-07-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

The kilkenny city forum isn't exactly run off its feet so maybe we can merge this one with it or else this forum will fade out of existence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

BingoBongo wrote:
    The kilkenny city forum isn't exactly run off its feet so maybe we can merge this one with it or else this forum will fade out of existence.

I agree this is slight overkill. The KK city forum is perfectly adequate for county as well. It's not exactly a huge county, one forum is enough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mamags

I agree also, I am south Co. Kilkenny, but only 5 mins from Carlow border, and 10 mins. drive and I am in Co. Wexford. Driving....I am as near to Carlow Town as the drive to Kilkenny City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Agreed, this is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I notice there's a thread similar to this one in the Waterford forum as well. Like everyone else, I don't see the point of Kilkenny being split into separate threads. Should we all PM the mod to ask for the Kilkenny City/County forums to be merged?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ask in Feedback - it was a site wide move by the Admins. Not done by the Mods of the forums, who I dont think have access to making forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking as Kilkenny City mod I agree too. We mods don't have the power to change the forums, that's something only the admins can do. I'll post in that feedback thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Firetrap wrote:
    I notice there's a thread similar to this one in the Waterford forum as well. Like everyone else, I don't see the point of Kilkenny being split into separate threads. Should we all PM the mod to ask for the Kilkenny City/County forums to be merged?
    especially as its not even a city, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

especially as its not even a city, eh?
    might make more sense to merge Kilkenny city with county and bring it into line with the local government act

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think, carlow, waterford and kilkenny shoulkd be renamed to PLACE City & County

Advertisement